Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J Pipe or X Force Catback?

Kizza121

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY15 VF UTE
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I have recently picked up a MY15 SV6 VF Ute in Heroin White and I am looking at doing some little mods to it. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on it because at the end of the day its still a v6.
I am looking at getting an exhaust for it but I cant make up my mind between getting J Pipes or a full 2.5' X Force Catback System.
I have found these J Pipes on eBay which are about half the price of the X Force system.
Heres the link

What were your opinions?

Thanks

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
Have you heard a 6 with the exhaust done on it? Sounds horrible to me. In my honest opinion whatever you were thinking of spending on it buy a piggy bank store the money in it and when/if you decide to get an 8 you will want to do the exhaust then as they are about as loud as a Prius from factory. It's just not worth it on the v6 on the other side of the coin is there any cosmetic items you would like doing id go for them wheels,tint,lowering,blackout vents etc roof wrap or something money better spent elsewhere

Kizza121

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY15 VF UTE
Have you heard a 6 with the exhaust done on it? Sounds horrible to me. In my honest opinion whatever you were thinking of spending on it buy a piggy bank store the money in it and when/if you decide to get an 8 you will want to do the exhaust then as they are about as loud as a Prius from factory. It's just not worth it on the v6 on the other side of the coin is there any cosmetic items you would like doing id go for them wheels,tint,lowering,blackout vents etc roof wrap or something money better spent elsewhere

I have a mate that has a VE with an exhaust and it sounds ok. I'd just like abit of sound from mine as it's pretty silent.
I could buy a v8 now but I got this brand new for 32K and use it as my work car so fuel was the deciding factor.
I've got some matte black wheels so far. I'm definitely getting window tint, lowered and getting my roof wrapped matte black. I won't be touching the engine though.

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
I have run j pipes before,good bang for your buck,will also give the sv6 a note but not an obnoxious noise like a cat back will sound..try pulling your rear mufflers off and see if you like note..j pipes will give much the same note in my experience,but you wont have the copps rape you for no rear mufflers and do a EPA test on your ass as it will still look stock.

Kizza121

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY15 VF UTE
That's great to know. I'll have to try that before purchasing them. I think I'll go Down the J Pipes route just because I can't really justify spending $800+ on an exhaust for a v6.
Thanks for the reply RedlineMike

Brad Klein

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
That's great to know. I'll have to try that before purchasing them. I think I'll go Down the J Pipes route just because I can't really justify spending $800+ on an exhaust for a v6.
Thanks for the reply RedlineMike
How were the J pipes ?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
They're loud AF and drone on auto L77's.
Agreed!

I had a set of marriage savers (j pipes with inbuilt resonators) and they droned a lot. Full system was the only answer worth contemplating