Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' Vespers Blue VZ Alloytec

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Yer every time I look at it it looks worse and worse lol. Definitely Satin black. Ill spray them when I get home and see how they look then

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
So the Darwin weather is severely hindering any progress on the car. Managed to get some of the sound system wired, currently 1 sub and 1 speaker hooked up lol. Still got 5 more speakers to do. Also begun wiring up the courtesy lights in the doors for the Calais trim which is also only half finished due to weather. On another note i managed to score a full set of Bridgestone Potenza for my 19"s. They still have about 80% tread and got them for free so cant complain. Hopefully have them fitted up on pay day next week :)

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
So ive sold my Ute which means i have some cash to spend. First thing i want to do it buy an exhaust but im having trouble deciding weather to get 2.25" twin or 2.5" twin. Anyone Know which would be better? I would assume the 2.25" would be a little quieter which is good as i dont want a really loud V6 but when i start doing mods i dont know if it will be enough.

Anyone got an Alloytec with either one of those exhausts that can help me out?

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
I donk think you will gain anything from a cat back other then sound...
Otherwise nice color, I had a LS1 VZ Berlina in vespers blue.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Havent been very active lately as ive had alot going on. But here is a bit of an update.

Me and a few of the boys in the Darwin Commodore Club went for a cruise down to the warf and got a couple good photos.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Got myself some nice LED reverse lights. Was pretty sceptical at first but once i had plugged them in a was very happy. Easily double if not triple the brightness than the normal globes.
attachment.php

Also got my new wheels on. Couldnt be happier with how they turned out. They look great and will look even better when I lower it which should only be a few weeks away.
attachment.php

Hope you guys enjoy. Got some goodies coming hopefully next week so will be more updates :)

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Unless you plan to have some form of forced induction i see no benefit from having twin 2.5". If its a single 2.25" now then going to twin 2.25" would be plenty for most mods youd do to an alloytec. Rocker upgrades and even a cam would be fine on twin 2.25" along with other supporting mods.
The larger you go in exhaust means you'll lose exhaust back pressure so in a way you'll lose some torque. So only need to go larger if your going to have a greater exhaust volume from rockers, cam or forced induction.
Should just do a full exhaust (extractors, high flow cats and a twin 2.25)

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unless you plan to have some form of forced induction i see no benefit from having twin 2.5". If its a single 2.25" now then going to twin 2.25" would be plenty for most mods youd do to an alloytec. Rocker upgrades and even a cam would be fine on twin 2.25" along with other supporting mods.
The larger you go in exhaust means you'll lose exhaust back pressure so in a way you'll lose some torque. So only need to go larger if your going to have a greater exhaust volume from rockers, cam or forced induction.
Should just do a full exhaust (extractors, high flow cats and a twin 2.25)

I will eventually be getting Cammed and Charged towards the end of year hopefully. Also going to get Pacemaker Extractors and Hi-Flo Cats to go with it. But they are the expensive bits so they will be later in the year. Fitting a 2.25" Twin Xforce system next week.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got another update

My Exhaust system finally arrived today, almost 2 weeks late. Fitted it up today and im pretty happy with it.
Too dark now to get pics of it fitted. Might do that tomorrow.
attachment.php

Also picked up a LSD diff out of a VZ R8 so its 3.46:1 ratio. Only got 92,000ks on it. Looks dirty in the pic but its just cause the guy lives down a dirt driveway. Opened it up and its very clean inside.
attachment.php

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got my set of Whiteline quick release clamps for my strut brace. For the price id say they are well worth it. If i ever have to do engine work this will make life a little easier.
attachment.php

attachment.php

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow its been a while since ive done an update. Alot has happened since then so I will post a big update tonight.