Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' Vespers Blue VZ Alloytec

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Ok here goes. Huge update as I havent posted in a while and alot has happened since then.

So i guess first notable thing is that its lowered my VZ. Now sits on SSL's. (pic taken before doing fronts)
attachment.php

Wired up all my door lights in the Calais door trims. Boredom took over one day and i decided to wire up some grill lights. Turned out pretty good. Also scored a set of Calais headlights. As per usual LED globes wherever possible :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changed the Dash a couple times, first was the woodgrain vinyl wrap but that started to annoy me after the first week so i settled on the blue and black with a couple subtle bits of woodgrain and im quite happy with how it turned out. Painted it all myself. Also started on the blue dash light conversion and wired up my Digital gauges in the genuine HSV binnacle with a new dash mat to suit.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some goodies ive scored but havent installed yet. VZ SS seats I picked up for $350 for the set. And some Stato goodies inc. indicators, Leather console lid, Chrome door handles and rear power window looms and motors.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My new HSV rear end. 3.46 LSD inc HSV shafts (apparently they are stronger)
attachment.php

Last but certainly not least. Ive just done my 60,000k Service this weekend including new pads and slotted T2 rotors.
attachment.php

attachment.php

As some may know unless its a sports or luxury model the VZ didnt have rear power windows which is why I brought the motors and looms from the stato. A while ago i discovered that all the wiring is there for the power windows to work all you need are the door looms, electric motors and the 4 window switch to operate them as they wont work off the switches in the actual door untill you deactivate the window lock thats on the main switch. Its basically plug and play but if anyone interested I may do a write up on how to do it. Only took me a couple hours to do it all as i was doing other stuff at same time so could probably half it.

Thanks guys. Hope you all like it as much as i do. I appreciate all the feedback. Im in the process of a few other mods so will probably post another update in a couple weeks after my Bali trip :)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Some nice progress there mate, how did you go about wiring up the courtesy lights as I gather the loom wasn't there from the factory?

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some nice progress there mate, how did you go about wiring up the courtesy lights as I gather the loom wasn't there from the factory?

Thanks mate. I wired them up a couple months ago but on the drivers side B pillar there is some wires going up into the roof lining for the roof lights, if you want the door lights to work the same as your interior lights (lights come on when door opens) then splice into the orange wire and will also need the earth but cant remember what colour it is. Then just run the wires to the 4 doors. If its all done correctly then the lights will come on when you open the door and turn off when you close them just light from factory. If you want different colours its just a matter of changing the 36-38mm Festoon globes. Ive chosen to stick with white.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Some nice extras you've fitted.
Noticed your rears are 245/"40"x19's (VE size), are you running the same on the front and on the rear do you have any rubbing from the larger diameter?

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer not the size I wanted but I got them cheap from a guy that crashed his car, only 300km old. They do just barely rub a little on the front strut tower so i had to take them off until i get the correct size which is 245/35/19. The rears are fine but with the lowered suspension the do rub the inside of the guard when i go over bumps or down a dip. When i get my guards rolled it will fix that. If they still rub when i get the guards rolled and the correct size tyre then ill probably just get some 18"s. I love these rims but im just over stuffing around with the wheels and tyres.