Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' VR Statesman

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good to see you have ditched those seat covers.

Looking pretty tidy.

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Update!

Time for update!

I'm just enjoy driving it and I like to clean it regular and recently get photo by mate, very decent picture.

Pinstriper is finally removal and so weathershield because it fell off itself so I can't bother to do with it anymore so leave way it is.

Also the rims will be gone soon and next rims is gotta be Caprice VS rims.

Interior will gotta stay how it is and leave the stock factory radio that's it. Let me know what you think of pic (If you see page 1 you would see old interior pic and old exterior pic)

DSC00060-1.jpg

I also upgrade to VS stato logo on back windows - Anyone who have VR and interest about the VS logo can just PM me.
IMAG3954.jpg

Last edited:

BradCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP SS rep
you can get real good industrial strength degreasers, let them soak in for a bit. use sandwich bags to cover coil packs and other electricals... use an old fust pan broom to scrub away the grease once the degreaser has soaked, then use high pressure to rinse, might need to do it 2-3 times... then go for a quick drive to make sure it still starts and all the electrical work and also to help it dry off.. after that use a silicone based Tyre shine or Maguires trim detailer to really bring out the black hoses and radiator shroud, air box and any other black plastic components.

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Statesman looks great man, new rims will make it look much neater.

Brad wouldn't the silicone melt?

BradCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP SS rep
haha, when i say industrial strength i should have said. strong degreaser.

Was a detailer for years, and we had a chemical called Zapoff and under it said industrial strength, did a good job...

Even a can of export tire shine will do a good job on the plastics... its what i use, and only a few bux a can.

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Thanks for tips, I have the degreaser spary can but like 5 of them, so I can use more and wash again.

First, cover the electric stuff and important parts on engine bay etc and then pressure water go on it and then degreaser spary can around engine bay and also use broom to wash - Should I have the soap water (Car wash bottle on water bucket)? That's it, so it sound easy to me then.

Good news, Caprice rims is confirm and I will able to pick up on earlier of next month :D, will post pic once it is on the car.

BradCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP SS rep
Np man,

dont bother wetting the engine first all it will do is set the loose grease and dirt, + it will dilute the degreaser.

I wouldn't bother with soapy water. just spray some degreaser into the water as well.

IMPORTANT

As soon as the water you are using to scrub gets dirty change it with fresh water, otherwise all you are going to do is move the grease around :). A few old rags wont go astray either.
and while u are at it, make sure you clean all the leaves out of the firewall. always a good thing to do regularly.. part of a service and rust prevention.

-Brad

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Cheers mate, Yeah the degreaser spary on engine first than pressure water - Actually good idea. Thanks for the tips again :) and yer, I want to clean it regular and also neat and clean engine bay.

Update pic, Not much change to VR, just enjoy driving and can't wait for the rims to gone and drop the Caprice rims on, maybe lower if worth it?
IMAG3975.jpg

Also I tryed to remove the towbar but no luck at all, it is stuck, I want to remove it would look neat without towbar on it.