Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jasons 2003 VY executive 'By Design'

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
Hi Mate,

Any idea where I could find a VY HBD body kit?

Very sexy car!

Hard to find, and when you do... $$$$$$$ Its $400 for a gen lip from holden if they still stock them...

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Thanks mate. Yeah as it's hbd it's hard to find second hand. I think someone checked and just the extra front piece on the front bar(not including bar) was ~250$! so yeah I'm really lucky haha.

Got vz ss tail lights in mail. Some guy gave them to me for 150$ wool hoo! Can't wait to fit them.

Sound system is in, sounds ####ing sick.
Led fog lights looks awesome too, sets off the whole car around dusk.
Sub and anouther amp soon, wen cash gets in.

Front bar is peeling a tad so guy is fixing it on Monday :) hopefully nothing else peels, everything is perfect just this one part. He won't charge me though Which is good.

Pics soon.

Cheers guys

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Got some pics up now, been a while since ive updated lol

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

led foglights look great and light up way more than i thought.

went to wreckers to find some broken interior parts that i had and all was well, got em all for 20$!

looking to change my middle seat over to one with an arm rest like the berlinas have i think? not sure how i will go about it, any ideas?

got my VZ SS tail lights, the people were right that the looks didnt fit, but they never said why not? well where the plugs go into the sockets, they have little slots that line up, well the ss ones didnt line up with exec ones so either you have to cut them out with tin snips which is fine, or the guy who sold me the lights gave them to me for free! idiot they are 50$ seperate haha.

looking at these wheels, i really think it will go well with my colour car, what do you guys think? either 18" or 19", most likely 19" cause 20" are too big.
IMG_0418.jpg

was gonna get leather console lid and ss pedals and leather steering wheel but thought nah stuff it need good wheels first, was gonna get the vv thunder or vz monaro ones but lok almost the same as ones i have so no points.

let me know what you think or if you think any other wheels would be nice,

cheers

luke641

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks awesome dude with the chrome number plate surround, and the VZ lights.

Those rims in a 19 would be shweeet. I was thinking about getting the same.

Needs VZ Calais Chrome Door Trims, Chrome Door Handles. And it will look smick.

Keep the mods coming.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah was gonna get the calais stuff but i went down the SS trail so mixing it will look tacy i think, plus they cost you an arm and a leg haha

i havent seen many cars with chrome door handles, id only get them if i had the window surround and/or calais trim,

hmm that reminds me i want to get the window surround will look smich as :)

yeah i think with my dark metalic colour and the machined black it will look nice, just gotta save up a grand and a bit now :) cant wait!

what do you guys think about subs? yes no? not worth it, ive got a great system now but sometimes would love a bit more bass but others it is perfect, a friend has one and it just rattles his whole car and sounds like ****, i dunno i think you gotta put alot of money into getting it done properly, otherwise dont bother.

cheers thanks for the comments

luke641

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a sub and it goes alright. Cant complain.

If you dont want chrome overload, check the pics of my car which has chrome door handles(diy spec) and Berlina chrome window surrounds(skinny)

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah thats good, i think a double 12" would be a bit much hah,

yeah i think the thin chrome window surround will be the go, but im still not sure about door handles, ill see how i go with the trim first :)

any thought on the rims? seen any good vy's with that style? any bad ones?