Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I found an article examining 250 "active shooter" incidents by the FBI since 2000. It says that the chances of getting killed by a semi-auto weapon as opposed to a repeater is the same (44%), however, you are twice as likely to be killed by a semi-auto. So the numbers say that half the amount of shooters killed the same amount of people using semi-auto as repeater. This tells me semi-autos are twice as dangerous in the hands of someone intending to kill.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I found an article examining 250 "active shooter" incidents by the FBI since 2000. It says that the chances of getting killed by a semi-auto weapon as opposed to a repeater is the same (44%), however, you are twice as likely to be killed by a semi-auto. So the numbers say that half the amount of shooters killed the same amount of people using semi-auto as repeater. This tells me semi-autos are twice as dangerous in the hands of someone intending to kill.

[/URL]

That sounds like a reasonable statistic. So maybe they should be twice as hard to obtain and twice the background checks.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's all just semantics. Back when I had my ruger and browning 22 semi's the other guys would laugh at the little pop guns. As I look in the Cafe today, the ruger specifically could lay waste to most of the folk there in seconds with the 25 round mag. Funnily enough after the buy back and moving to a Winchester 22 magnum, lever action, I still think I could do plenty of damage, swinging on that lever. It was fine for farm duties though, just as fine as the semi's

So you can argue what constitutes what as much as you like but in the right hands all three weapons could be devastating. In the end keeping it just wasn't worth the hassle, so nowadays I just stick to my bow

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's all just semantics. Back when I had my ruger and browning 22 semi's the other guys would laugh at the little pop guns. As I look in the Cafe today, the ruger specifically could lay waste to most of the folk there in seconds with the 25 round mag. Funnily enough after the buy back and moving to a Winchester 22 magnum, lever action, I still think I could do plenty of damage, swinging on that lever. It was fine for farm duties though, just as fine as the semi's

So you can argue what constitutes what as much as you like but in the right hands all three weapons could be devastating. In the end keeping it just wasn't worth the hassle, so nowadays I just stick to my bow

Yep the cops make it extra hard to own a gun so people don't buy them. And people wonder why US gun owners get up in arms about gun regulation.

Oh and if 22lr was so dangerous maybe we have to move off using 308 in the styer for our ADF and move to 22lr.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Assault knees are dangerous lets knee cap the entire world so no man has to die at tip of a femur again.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's not the cops. It's lawmakers. Good, they should be hard to get. At no point in this debate was it ever about not having guns it's about making guns less accessible and owners more accountable. I don't do farm work anymore so the only reason for a gun is pleasure. Self defence is a mugs game and a piss poor excuse

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep the cops make it extra hard to own a gun so people don't buy them. And people wonder why US gun owners get up in arms about gun regulation.

Oh and if 22lr was so dangerous maybe we have to move off using 308 in the styer for our ADF and move to 22lr.

Really, our NZ Styer's were 5.56

On the 300 meter range at Whangaparaoa army camp the holes in the targets boards had profile shaped holes because it is very windy on the Peninsula. Just imagine how well a .22 would perform in those scenario's!

As I mentioned earlier, up until recently you could by your AR with your groceries or a new pair of jocks at Walmart. buying a long rifle in the US isn't hard at all.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm not knocking the hard work cops do but what happened in this case was just plain wrong and this is the correct verdict (considering it all started over the alleged offence of using counterfeit currency).

Maybe it will change the way the police forces operate or maybe it won't, time will tell.