Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Was it a 6 to 1 decision?

hint: there are 9 justices....

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
But when you do detailed comparisons industry to industry well it's funny because women actually get paid more for the same work it's just men do more work in total.

Any facts to back this up? Or do I need to find the nonexistent evidence for myself?

I happen to agree that the gender pay gap is hard to whittle down to a single factor, but your misogyny is startling

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Again it shows your lack of understanding of how the supreme court works.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Any facts to back this up? Or do I need to find the nonexistent evidence for myself?

I happen to agree that the gender pay gap is hard to whittle down to a single factor, but your misogyny is startling

Oh the misogyny.
Really? I was highlighting a false lie perpetuated by feminists and the left that is believed by so many.

If pointing out facts and shinning a light on lies is being a misogynist than call me a misogynist because then I would be one.
But unfortunately for you that is not the case and nor is that what misogyny is.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Again it shows your lack of understanding of how the supreme court works.

No I totally know how it works. If 6 of the justice's agree the other three are overruled.
But if one chucks a tantrum to the media people say the court is wrong...... Oh yea that's exactly how it's working atm.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wrong again and showing your one eyed ignorance.

When the court rules the Justices offer an opinion/concurrence as well as a dissenting opinion from the various Jurists.

Here is the case in question

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Oh the misogyny.
Really? I was highlighting a false lie perpetuated by feminists and the left that is believed by so many.

A false lie.........mmmmmmmmm......................... two negatives make a positive, which means the feminists are telling the truth.

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Oh the misogyny.

If pointing out facts and shinning a light on lies is being a misogynist than call me a misogynist because then I would be one.
But unfortunately for you that is not the case and nor is that what misogyny is.

So no evidence then?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
If shane_3800 or anyone else wishes to enlighten themself further regarding this particular matter and how it fits within the larger picture of the current situation in US politics they would do well to read this 'Letters From An American' substack newsletter from 4 days ago (our time) by a professor of US political history. A free subscribtion to Professor Richardson's newsletters is available, lacking the ability to place comments.
Currently, on the court there are 6 justices appointed by Republican presidents and 3 appointed by Democratic presidents. Of the five justices appointed by a Republican president, only one—Clarence Thomas—was appointed by a president who won the popular vote (George H. W. Bush). Chief Justice John Roberts and Samuel Alito were both appointed by George W. Bush. Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett were all appointed by Donald Trump. That is, five of the Republicans on the court were appointed by presidents who did not represent the majority of voters, not to mention the majority of Americans.

The story of “rigging” goes beyond this, though. Gorsuch got his seat only because then–Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) declared that President Barack Obama’s appointment of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in March 2016 was too close to the date of a presidential election, the following November, to allow for the nomination to go through. That left the seat free for the president who followed Obama—Donald Trump—to fill, even though McConnell had invented that rule.

Even so, Gorsuch could not get the votes he needed for confirmation until McConnell had invoked the so-called “nuclear option” to get rid of the filibuster so that Gorsuch’s appointment could get through with just 51 votes.

And then, of course, although he had declared that eight months before a presidential election was too late to nominate a Supreme Court justice, McConnell pushed through the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett on October 26, 2020, eight days before the end of a presidential election in which voters had already begun to cast their ballots.