Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
It's very quiet in here, despite the endless dogwhistle political hotpotato posts in the daily pic thread... Who new the rights of others bothered and affected people so much.

Almost like people just want to broadcast instead of debate. Like some politicians I guess.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Debating is nothing more than academia, just sit and watch the slo-mo train wreck.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Is this how the polling card will work?

From the channel 9 debate questionnaire. Media independence...
FSO15btVgAAr7L3

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
That is easy to answer. Any of them is the same old shît. Close your eyes and pick one, does not matter anymore.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

FSO15btVgAAr7L3
Note it doesn't ask "who will you vote for".
That would be far too complicated, especially if you are in a TEAL electorate like me, where they have not been transparent about their support if they need to help form a government.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Note it doesn't ask "who will you vote for".
That would be far too complicated, especially if you are in a TEAL electorate like me, where they have not been transparent about their support if they need to help form a government.

My point was the options not the question.

The whole point of voting for an independent is that they'll stand by their beliefs and election commitments (whatever they may be), and vote based on those preferences? This could entail supporting government or opposition, depending on the legislation.

And are you voting for benefits to your LGA or for the country as a whole.

The term "teal independent" is only used by one side of the swingometer, the one with most to lose this time round.
My LGA has the very vocal independent dead last. Even behind one nation & Clivey P. They are obviously $hitting bricks.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

FSO15btVgAAr7L3

I saw that one too. But a bit later they seemed to have removed that question and replaced it with one that had the third option of ‘hung parliament‘.

The voting website was very clunky all night - but so too was the debate! :)

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
My point was the options not the question.

The whole point of voting for an independent is that they'll stand by their beliefs and election commitments (whatever they may be), and vote based on those preferences? This could entail supporting government or opposition, depending on the legislation.

And are you voting for benefits to your LGA or for the country as a whole.

The term "teal independent" is only used by one side of the swingometer, the one with most to lose this time round.
My LGA has the very vocal independent dead last. Even behind one nation & Clivey P. They are obviously $hitting bricks.
Yeah I got that. Seems to be the lack of attention to detail and glaring grammatical errors that we are seeing in articles in the media now.

What I was getting at was that the Kooyong200 Climate 200 (Holmes a' Court backed group) local independant is in my face continually in my electorate using digital and traditional methods. That said, the platform of Climate and Integrity should be enough to win the seat. The economy and defence can get st***ed.
This has been a Blue held area since, well, a very long time ago and this election has a real likelihood of changing to a mixture of Blue and Green colour (not Teal).

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I see the Phillipines have voted for a Marcos, even after his family had looted 10 BILLION from the people and Country. Asia is different but it seem's democracy in the world is going the way of the Dodo.
If a party or an individual (Trump) can win on lies and encouraging insurrection then there doesn't seem much hope. The LNP are up there with lies and half truth's they haven't reached Trumps level yet, it will be interesting to see how this federal election goes. Doesn't matter how bad the lies are there is sizeable part of the population that believe them and vote conservative/redneck/national/liberal no matter what.
Any predictions now that we can reread after the election?
My prediction is the marketing manager will romp back in (polls wrong again) with his lies.......