Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Ffs you guys really don't understand how the US system works.

And you don’t know how to spell veto yet we are supposed to trust that you know how the US system works?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
And you don’t know how to spell veto yet we are supposed to trust that you know how the US system works?

I work on too many mercedes, what can I say?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yea a mate is with a staffer related to that office, he said he is better than Wayne Swan, and did all of Wayne Swans work for him.

In reality Chalmers is a commy and is ruining the economy.

I'd have to dig the movie back out to see if it was a type 1 or 2.....But vaguely remember it was a hardtop...
If it was a v12 it would have been a later model

Edit. Series 1 was the 3.8. Series 2 was the 4.2. They changed the block but not the cylinder head so the combustion chamber didn't all line up with the bores. Then the series 3 came out with the 2 seater or 2 plus 2 and then the v12 with either 2 seater or 2 plus 2. In my opinion they got uglier as the went along and the v12 was no quicker then the 3.8. They did look good when converted to 6 twin choke webers.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yea a mate is with a staffer related to that office, he said he is better than Wayne Swan, and did all of Wayne Swans work for him.

90 billion surplus last year. I don't recall him taking the credit but the economy certainly isn't getting ruined. Commy? explain yourself.

At least Labor have been able to undo some of the damage that potato head did when he kept bad mouthing our biggest trading partner China. Not sure if the tariffs China put on the wine industry have been lifted yet but the wine industry will be pleased when they are. Memo to potato head, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I find it ironic that we do $12 billion trade with our good friend the US, $10 billion with NZ and $190 billion with our enemy China.

There is a curtain wall company in QLD that has been reduced from 3 shops to one with it's future not secure due to free trade agreements. They can not compete with overseas products. Free trade agreements sound fine until you lose your job because you can't compete.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

LOL, a few posts back you didn't even know who he was.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
LOL, a few posts back you didn't even know who he was.

I wasn't sure if it was him or the defence minister, I mix their names up lol, I just change oil mate.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
90 billion surplus last year. I don't recall him taking the credit but the economy certainly isn't getting ruined. Commy? explain yourself.

At least Labor have been able to undo some of the damage that potato head did when he kept bad mouthing our biggest trading partner China. Not sure if the tariffs China put on the wine industry have been lifted yet but the wine industry will be pleased when they are. Memo to potato head, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I find it ironic that we do $12 billion trade with our good friend the US, $10 billion with NZ and $190 billion with our enemy China.

There is a curtain wall company in QLD that has been reduced from 3 shops to one with it's future not secure due to free trade agreements. They can not compete with overseas products. Free trade agreements sound fine until you lose your job because you can't compete.

Firstly Chalmers did take credit for the $90b surplus, that had nothing to do with him, it was the taxless mining industry that some how made the surplus, some how as they aren't paying tax.

Secondly the Chinese applied tariffs over Scomo asking for an inquiry into covid.....
They never said anything like "China is the enemy"
So you think China should just go u regulated in everything they do?
Imagine if they controlled Australia, that freedom you have to be in a union would evaporate rather quickly under CCP control, just remember that Keith.

I'm not here bagging the union movement, but it's turned into a cash grab to be honest.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I want to say, I started out my career as a McDonald's employee at 15yo.
I then went to work for my father in the building industry at 16yo, he then was staunch CFMEU and I think he still is, he's not a member as he runs a business.
I think we paid a small amount to the CFMEU, as he asked if we wanted to and I ticked the box saying yes.

I then moved into the mechanics world which is ****, I can't believe I stayed there, but I did and now I'm in demand.
There is no union for mechanics, I've fought my way to where I am and I think they're redundant these days.

I respect what they've achieved in the past but young people are more worried about Taylor swift than life so the unions have failed in my honest opinion.

The MTAA super fund was the best performing before the merger and not one Labor cronie or union rep in sight, go figure.