Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Makes it easier to understand why his pay is so low.

Oh a union jock bragging about people getting paid low..... you must be on good coin then Keith.
Probably for doing sweet F all too.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Lol I've been worse than that, but I only change oil so, I guess it doesn't matter.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Firstly Chalmers did take credit for the $90b surplus, that had nothing to do with him, it was the taxless mining industry that some how made the surplus, some how as they aren't paying tax.

Secondly the Chinese applied tariffs over Scomo asking for an inquiry into covid.....
They never said anything like "China is the enemy"
So you think China should just go u regulated in everything they do?
Imagine if they controlled Australia, that freedom you have to be in a union would evaporate rather quickly under CCP control, just remember that Keith.

I'm not here bagging the union movement, but it's turned into a cash grab to be honest.
Not just scomo but also potato head. They didn't say China was the enemy but treat them like that.

For someone who says you are not bagging the union movement well you have surprised me with that comment.

Our biggest problem is if China got pissed off with us and stopped trading with us. Australia is one of the few Countries that have a surplus with China.

Are you aware of BRICS. Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa with many more wanting to hop on the bandwagon. Certainly a formidable trading group. Their aim is to move away from the US dollar.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Firstly Chalmers did take credit for the $90b surplus, that had nothing to do with him, it was the taxless mining industry that some how made the surplus, some how as they aren't paying tax.

Secondly the Chinese applied tariffs over Scomo asking for an inquiry into covid.....
They never said anything like "China is the enemy"
So you think China should just go u regulated in everything they do?
Imagine if they controlled Australia, that freedom you have to be in a union would evaporate rather quickly under CCP control, just remember that Keith.

I'm not here bagging the union movement, but it's turned into a cash grab to be honest.

The tariffs China imposed on Australia was because Australia joined a few other places pointing the finger at China for being the starting point for Covid....Nothing to do with any enquiry...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I want to say, I started out my career as a McDonald's employee at 15yo.
I then went to work for my father in the building industry at 16yo, he then was staunch CFMEU and I think he still is, he's not a member as he runs a business.
I think we paid a small amount to the CFMEU, as he asked if we wanted to and I ticked the box saying yes.

I then moved into the mechanics world which is ****, I can't believe I stayed there, but I did and now I'm in demand.
There is no union for mechanics, I've fought my way to where I am and I think they're redundant these days.

I respect what they've achieved in the past but young people are more worried about Taylor swift than life so the unions have failed in my honest opinion.

The MTAA super fund was the best performing before the merger and not one Labor cronie or union rep in sight, go figure.

You don't know too much....

There is a union that caters for mechanics....Want me to find out the name?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Not just scomo but also potato head. They didn't say China was the enemy but treat them like that.

For someone who says you are not bagging the union movement well you have surprised me with that comment.

Our biggest problem is if China got pissed off with us and stopped trading with us. Australia is one of the few Countries that have a surplus with China.

Are you aware of BRICS. Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa with many more wanting to hop on the bandwagon. Certainly a formidable trading group. Their aim is to move away from the US dollar.

Yea but if we lost trade with China according to JD we don't tax mining which is our biggest trade with China, so if we don't tax mining then why would it matter?

Oh you're saying unless we stay competitive with other countries we will lose money, maybe if we didn't pay the workers 4 times more than those other countries, we might be able to tax a little more.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Oh a union jock bragging about people getting paid low..... you must be on good coin then Keith.
Probably for doing sweet F all too.
No I am now retired. 15 years ago I grossed $138,000 for 10 months of the year working on construction at the mines. For the last 5 months they paid us $50 a day not to leave.

I remember you talking of going to the mines and doing the second half of a diesel apprenticeship. The amount of money you would have made would made what you get now look stupid. You could have set yourself up for life. You might have to give the turps up until your days off but that would have been a small price to pay.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No I am now retired. 15 years ago I grossed $138,000 for 10 months of the year working on construction at the mines. For the last 5 months they paid us $50 a day not to leave.

I remember you talking of going to the mines and doing the second half of a diesel apprenticeship. The amount of money you would have made would made what you get now look stupid. You could have set yourself up for life. You might have to give the turps up until your days off but that would have been a small price to pay.

Yea buy the mines is hard to get into, then you have to suck cock to get a good job.
I would rather be poor then submit to sucking cock for a pay rise.
Obviously I don't mean that literally.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Never bent, never will bow.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yea buy the mines is hard to get into, then you have to suck cock to get a good job.
I would rather be poor then submit to sucking cock for a pay rise.
Obviously I don't mean that literally.

Stop speaking B/S..

My 26 year old son got a job in the mines...

He went from being a dead beat drug trucked jail bird to now working in the mines.....

The only cock being sucked is his...Not the opposite way round

So stop making up piss poor excuses to cover your lies