Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I will just add, most of the expensive lawyer stuff isn't the KC/SC showing up in court, it's the paper pushes back at the office you're paying for.
All the hard boring work of trawling over documents to find errors is the job of junior lawyers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I will just add, most of the expensive lawyer stuff isn't the KC/SC showing up in court, it's the paper pushes back at the office you're paying for.
All the hard boring work of trawling over documents to find errors is the job of junior lawyers.

So what court were you in with all this lawyer stuff?

Criminal, Civil, Family?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Another fun fact, lawyers, or solicitors to be correct actually will end up richer in some cases compared to any lawyer that joins the BAR.
Joining the BAR is more of a public service role, if you do it you want to stick with it, if you don't join, well you can start a firm and house barrister chambers.
So effectively you're their employer, they would argue that is incorrect, but in a simple way that is true, a solicitor can wield way more power than a barrister.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So this one, I'm left scratching my head.
The NRL wont officiate this guys 300th game, because of a trial involving sexual assault in the civil court.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/m...-ex-wife/0ab51f68-be74-4163-9a89-3a95944601ac

The reason I think this is political, is it hit news headlines, and then they said they won't officiate it, which is likely the right move politically from the NRL.
But he never faced any criminal charges, and he hasn't paid her the money, but! apparently the deal for him coming back was so he could pay her the money.
Apparently he was allowed back to NRL so he can make some money, he obviously has no money. If this is the case then he should be commended because in Australia you can go bankrupt and not pay any money.

It's a strange one.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well that part you quoted I know from my brother haha.

What part is that? I've quoted from both civil and family, which I have dealt with

You seem to be quoting from criminal

So which is it?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
What part is that? I've quoted from both civil and family, which I have dealt with

You seem to be quoting from criminal

So which is it?

In your quote, the part you quoted.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In your quote, the part you quoted.

Which part? I quoted on both civil and family....

You seem to be talking criminal, yet the original part you started with was to do with civil and getting sued

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Which part? I quoted on both civil and family....

You seem to be talking criminal, yet the original part you started with was to do with civil and getting sued

No you quoted a post, so you were referring to that.