Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
What sort of a competition is that? At least Plibersek has something going for her in the looks department.

Milne looks like one of those trees she keeps hugging.

And she's a Green. I doubt that party will EVER be in government as the majority party.

Oh sweet Jesus, has the Australian political leadership debate stooped to the level of aesthetic appeal?
It's funny how male politicians are never critiqued on their physical appearance.....

Some of my mates have a tenuous grasp on reality at best. Every labor and so called progressive policy is a great idea to them, until they have to pay for it. Then they will scream the house down, like some are currently doing about the budget. It gets to the point where I simply don't discuss politics with them anymore.

No, they simply don't have a grasp of YOUR reality. My reality of a soon-to-be public school teacher would be miles away of your reality of earning big $$$ in mining. Everybody's 'reality' is different.....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Oh sweet Jesus, has the Australian political leadership debate stooped to the level of aesthetic appeal?
It's funny how male politicians are never critiqued on their physical appearance.....

No, they simply don't have a grasp of YOUR reality. My reality of a soon-to-be public school teacher would be miles away of your reality of earning big $$$ in mining. Everybody's 'reality' is different.....

FFS, lighten up.

If you can't see my sarcasm in that comment.....

Of course appearance doesn't matter a damn. Policies do. Heaven help this country the day Milne or her ilk take the reins. She thought they had done so when the "alliance" was signed - I can remember clearly a media interview where she made comments about how "we now govern" or something similar. You might like the greens but they still only command a vote of about 10% nationally, so obviously, most Australians don't want them to govern.

I asked if Shorten was the best Labor could do. Apart from the fact she's not Labor, she's no national leader, either.

PS. I have altered the original post. It's a bit less aesthetic, now. Concentrates more on the personality. Happy?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Fair nuff my apologies ;)

Thinking about it, often the only way the libs/nats can form government is mostly because they have a formalised long-standing coalition.

Thing is with ALP is that the Greens didnt exist really until 1992. Since then they have been cannibalising votes. That 10% back in the 70s/80s would have probably voted ALP. In the US setting, indeed some sources suggest the green vote in 2000 presidential election cost Gore the presidency. Generally, Greens and ALP preference each other but nothing is formalised.
There have been murmurings in Green circles as to why their support is still 10%, even after a chaotic budget.
In social media I have put forth that whilst most greens policies would be agreeable to most Australians (for they are somewhat similar to that of ALP/Lib), there are quite a few extremist policies that scare people off.
The ones that concern me I will post later, have meeting to go to......

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

I get the impression there is more than one person on here that has a thing for tony abbott

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I get the impression there is more than one person on here that has a thing for tony abbott

Well, isn't it nice to know you're not the only one who has? Send him an e-mail - he'd love to hear from you.

Last edited:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8

Would it make any difference if I told you some of these mates work in mining? $$$ means nothing when it comes to being misguided.

Either way, everyone loves big spending programs until they have to pay for it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Bottom line: it's the shear ignorance of the masses who will never understand that put the polls where they are. The simpletons rely on mainstream media and unfortunately that only makes matters worse.

This is a good read but the lefties with their blinkers on and unfounded hatred of Tony Abbott will continue to refuse to accept logic.
News - JOE PLAYS HOCKEY WITH JONES AND WINS - The Pickering Post

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Bottom line: it's the shear ignorance of the masses who will never understand that put the polls where they are. The simpletons rely on mainstream media and unfortunately that only makes matters worse.

This is a good read but the lefties with their blinkers on and unfounded hatred of Tony Abbott will continue to refuse to accept logic.
News - JOE PLAYS HOCKEY WITH JONES AND WINS - The Pickering Post

Pickering? Really?:lmao:

Standard and Poor's says Australian rating safe from budget blocks - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
The Financial Review suggests the country's top rating could be jeopardised if the Government's budget measures to rein in the deficit do not clear the Senate.

The AFR quotes Craig Michaels, a lead sovereign rating for S&P, as saying at least "some" of the Abbott Government's proposals needed to clear the Senate to safeguard Australia's AAA rating.

However, Mr Michaels told the ABC it is too early to speculate on the parliamentary process, and that the agency views the Government as committed to addressing the current deficit.

"There is no immediate risk to the AAA credit rating," he said.

edit:Why is it the always the righties that think anyone that doesn't agree with them are idiots, simpletons etc? Does it make you feel superior, fragile egos?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Pickering? Really?:lmao:

Better source than any mainstream media. He actually tells it like it is.

And your reaction proves my point so thanks. :D