Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Is tough to pick one... all matters, one matter affect the other. Global things affects Local things. Let us take for example the UN Agenda 2020 and 2030, your local slice of pie could be a blanket Carbon Tax. You know, the Earth needs money, just like a Church and lots of it ;-)

So thinking on what affects you local is a short sighted approach.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. c2105026

c2105026 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
    If it is a larger issue that would have a direct impact on myself and others locally, then I would consider it on its merits or lack thereof.

The last Carbon tax I didn’t have any issue with but with power prices being where they are, it’d be political suicide which is why for the upcoming federal election, no one is touching it. ‘Direct action’ is the name of the game.

3. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I found this gem on a German website. Used Google Translate, so do not mind the grammar, is just a bot. Stuff like that, do you think it can affect you localy? Is on the Northern region but the same experiment can be done on the Southern region.

%%%%%

https://translate.googleusercontent...700259&usg=ALkJrhgbPFEkwqwOuHLammpVL1eNYUQiZQ

NASA sprays barium and strontium into polar light over Norway

The US space agency NASA has released barium and strontium in northern lights over Norway. The process triggered an interesting effect.

On April 5, 2019, lights appeared in the night sky of Norway in violet, blue and slightly yellowish colors. The US space agency NASA had previously launched two rockets from the "Andoy Space Center" to investigate the wind flow in the upper Earth's atmosphere, reports Live Science .

%%%%%%%%

Barium Health Effects

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mmg/mmg.asp?id=321&tid=57

Health EffectsExcessive blood levels of barium result in decreased blood potassium (hypokalemia), which may cause adverse cardiovascular and muscular effects such as tachycardia, increased or decreased blood pressure, muscle weakness, and paralysis. Mechanisms involved in barium poisoning are likely related to the metabolic control of potassium levels. Becauseoverexposure to barium may cause adverse gastrointestinal effects and hypokalemia, individuals with compromised gastrointestinal tract, cardiac, or muscular function may be more susceptible to barium poisoning.

%%%%%%%%%

Too long to post, go to the website to read.

Toxicological Profile for Strontium

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/ToxProfiles/TP.asp?id=656&tid=120

4. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    The Liberal Party's biggest problem is that Abbott and Turnbull have become KRudd clones, and Dutton and Bishop are Gillard clones.
    It's not the policies that are screwing them, its the constant in-party bickering, disagreement and criticism.
    I feel sorry for ScoMO. He is trying, but can't bail the water out of the Titanic.

losh1971 likes this.
  5. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    The infighting in the Liberals goes on unabated. On last nights news Turnbull was having another go at Dutton. This sort of stuff does them no good whatsoever. Morrison must must be pulling what little hair out that he has. He is well aware that the infighting and backstabbing that is going on is doing his election chances already slim no good at all. Labor did the same with Rudd and Gillard, look where it got them.

losh1971 likes this.
  6. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, Audi S3, Corolla
    Yes it would be nice if Turnbull just disappeared into the ether like the insignificant waste of space that he is, he did enough damage to the Liberal party while he was in it.

7. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well and given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and then pay my estate one-year salary death bonus and then continue to pay my spouse my salary with increases until she or he dies along with a health plan that most people can only dream of having.

Despite this, I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.

During this time, I will show up for work when it is convenient for me.

In addition, I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be coming back with no loss in pay or status.

Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in this matter. I can, and I will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Member of Parliament running for re-election.

keith reed likes this.
  8. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    And to think that originally Parliamentarians used to volunteer their time, all had paid jobs that would work 50hrs a week and still rock up in the evenings to carry out the business of running the country with no financial gain...

9. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
  10. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Yep and we simply do not have the population to support local sales enough to make car manufacture here viable. So it would be reliant on exports as it's main source of revenue as it has done for ever and a day. Good luck Bill!! Doesn't say where he plans to find the billion $ to start the project, one can only assume he will increase our debt, hmmm yeah good plan that.....

11. Lex

Lex Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VT Executive S1 V6 Auto Wagon
    Thats what Labour does! Whenever in power.

losh1971 likes this.
  12. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I know, far out, why can't governments on both side listen to the people and reduce the debt not increase it? This makes me so angry!!!!!

The majority of the population consider public debt as the biggest concern. Yet both sides are happy to increase spending, Labor more so and for some reason neither party worry about the debt. They talk about the cost of living but surely if we had less debt the cost of living would remain stable because we could borrow money at a better rate than we do now....

I'm about ready to throw my hands in the air and say "fk it, Labor do as you please, wreck the country some more, pass all your ridiculous legislation and send me further down the toilet even more than I am now". Getting to the stage wher it's not worth fighting anymore because the things that we need in this country has gone through the shitter and are long forgotten it would seem...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  13. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    Australia's national debt in 2004 when Labor got in was approx 60 billion. When the Liberals were elected in 2013 the debt was 257 billion. This has risen to 531 billion in 2018 and the forecast for 2019/2020 is 629 billion. The difference between the two is not great in terms of national debt.

c2105026 likes this.
  14. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    That's insane almost 200 bill in 9 years and now double that again. Yet we increase spending and cut taxes, makes no sense to me??

Maybe if we wave the rainbow flag long enough it will all be ok? maybe we should go back to Flower Power and all go on Centrelink and sit at the park with a wine bag and tin of hooch in the back pocket...

Wishing now I have never looked at this page, it's depressing and makes me wild what the Government's are doing. Calaber is right everything right now is fkd and there seems we have no one with any balls to run the country as it should be. Every bastard wants a bigger and bigger slice of the ever shrinking pie, soon we will be left with crumbs....

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  15. c2105026

c2105026 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
    The idea that by default

ALP = deficit
    LNP = surplus

Is partisan bollocks. If you look at the historical data going back to the 70s there is no real correlation between party and power and fiscal balance.

Yes the ALP took a 30b surplus and turned into 200b deficit but Conservatives took it and made it a 400b deficit.

No, don’t play the ‘Its ALPs fault’ mantra. Conservatives have had 6 yrs, and are only just now are potentially turning a surplus. Both sides are just as bad (or good) as each other, in a historical sense.

keith reed likes this.
  16. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Yep agree both sides are useless in reducing debt but great at increasing it. I might be wrong but I wonder if we just need a big fkn crash that way we might have less people asking for more and more of the pie. Public servants seem to be some of the worst. Teachers down here want all these pay rises, yet are paid a lot more per hour than my mesely wage and they get 16 weeks of holidays a year.

17. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    You wouldn't run your car with one spark plug missing so it would supposedly run better so why do it with the economy? We need the big companies who through loopholes don't pay any tax to pay their fair share and we need those who aren't working to have meaningful well paid jobs so they can contribute as well. Look at the flow on effect when the car companies closed. Some of these people might have found jobs but it is not likely they are paid as well. How many companies have folded since the big three car companies closed their doors. So all our new cars are imported so that increase our national debt. We are in a lose-lose situation that doesn't look like it's going to improve any time soon. Our national debt is forecast to remain over 500 billion for the next ten years.
    If you happen to talk to a politician ask him how he sees national debt being reduced. Each side says how they are going to create these wonderful new jobs yet the unemployment figures remain the about the same. They don't mention how many full time jobs are replaced with part jobs or when one partner loses their job and their loss of employment doesn't count in the unemployment figures.

18. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I want the election to happen so I can figure out what level of **** we will be in, up to our knees or up to our waist.... Or worst drowning in sht. I saw something about mining revenue is up. That's all good but we know how fickle that can be and banking on mining royalties as the way out of the mess we are in is like buying a lotto ticket and expecting that your money problems will be over in three days.

19. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200 Landcruiser
    ffs 3PO... I thought it was the greens.

More importantly, anybody that works in the construction industry voting ALP needs their heads read. Domestic building is severely off along with a house price correction going far further than was needed. In those circumstances one would think taking the foot off the economic brake and punching the accellertor would be the go. Sadly with Bowens flawed (to the tune of $8billion it would appear) Neg Gear plan plus CGT changes, they grab the other foot and jump on the brakes with all their might. Add that to fukcing over the SMSF retirees - Bill Shorten is a complete disgrace.

It would appear he is still popular enough with the Chinese commy party to get a gig at one of his donor's wedding a couple of years back :p

20. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200 Landcruiser
    Regarding the debt - it appears the ALP neg gear plan has a $8billion (at least - probably a ton more) hole in it.