Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
History, has always been written by the victor. Part of reconciliation is being honest about the past, correct. But from what perspective? From a legal perspective and from the perspective of those who settled the nation, it was a migration and colonization of a land mass that was uncivilized. From the viewpoint of the Aboriginals, they had land taken from them and it was an invasion. So why are we siding with a particular viewpoint? For the sake of being politically correct? If you keep driving the notion of invasion you cement the idea that White Australia is evil.

My view (coming from someone who has a parent who was taken from her neglectful, drug abusing, leech on society aboriginal mother and has since disowned anything to do with her family, thank ####) is that the current generation of Aborginals have a decision to make. Are we going to prosper or die? They have two choices. You can continue the life many lead now. Dependant on welfare, drug and alcohol abuse and continually blaming others for their problems or, they can accept that yes, 250 years ago they may have had some bad things happen to them but its time we joined the 21st Century, accepting what has happened and adapting whilst also keeping and some tradition alive and doing their best keep their culture alive.

Reconciliation needs both parties to come to the table.

I agree with much you say. If we call the Europeans repopulating Australia (a more neutral term lol) an invasion, does it make White Australia evil? In a way yeh, but there's nothing we can do about it. Throughout history straight white christian men have done horrible things to people who weren't straight white christian men in a global sense. With pretty much anything, you can find something politically incorrect about it, the wrongs of the past permeate every aspect of our lives. Its a very sad part of human history, but all we can do is try not to repeat the same mistakes again, treat everyone with respect and help those who need it.

As for the lot of Aboriginals these days, well....my current role is in the community services sector where I assist those who are homeless (or about to become homeless) find stable accommodation once more. Many of our clients are indigenous, but the common problems I see that cause homelessness would relate to all ethnic groups. Drug and alcohol abuse, mental health issues, chronic unemployment and or disability would be the main factors. Focusing on maladaptive behaviours, I am a bit stunned to see middle aged people have a teenage mindset and just not get their **** together. Now I could come from the angle of 'ooh what a dropkick, lets show some tough love' but the behaviours that I exhibit that have my life in an ok place now I learned from my parents and the basic world and part of society that I grew up in which was positive and constructive. If people see drug taking, crime and unemployment growing up as 'normal', they will partake in those behaviours as adults. Their current behaviour is learned. Learned behaviours become habits over time and if there is no inteverntion from outside a maladaptive behavioural system, the system will keep screwing up because it will think screwing up is normal.

Sometimes people will see a significant life event (death of a loved one, having a baby, getting fired etc) as a key turning point where they need to change things. With the right structure and support and motivation, it can be done. But often people aren't exposed to a new positive normal so the sycle of pain and failure continues. In summary if all you see in your circle is pain, failure and misery, you will see this as normal and behave as such. People can change but it involves refocusing on a new normal.
This goes for both blacks and whites. It is possible but it is HARD. It often requires outside help and often that outside help isn't there.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Can I lay down on the couch?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
If wishing made it so!

random_shite_2016_04_07_04.jpg

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Raj that is a fictional character and a despot. The closest you are going to get in real life is Hillary Clinton. Both Deamon-crats.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Raj that is a fictional character and a despot. The closest you are going to get in real life is Hillary Clinton. Both Deamon-crats.

Yes I know he's fictional (sheesh) and a Democrat. But it's his stance on Islam that I wish for from someone, ANYONE.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Should be supported by all parties. If you make billions from a mine, plant or whatever you should be responsible for the cleanup. Just in Qld taxpayers pay millions of dollars every year in cleanup and management of legacy sites- dozens of mines alone eg Mt Morgan which hasn't been mined for many years but costs millions a year just to try and prevent contamination from spreading.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Should be supported by all parties. If you make billions from a mine, plant or whatever you should be responsible for the cleanup. Just in Qld taxpayers pay millions of dollars every year in cleanup and management of legacy sites- dozens of mines alone eg Mt Morgan which hasn't been mined for many years but costs millions a year just to try and prevent contamination from spreading.

We have lots of similar sites that are in constant clean up. Some are legit some they are scams to stay in business.

Out of curiosity about Mt Morgan... they are compeling reports the constant site cleaning needs to be performed or just someone saying it and everyone buying it. All I know is what is posted on the Wikipedia (for now); for what it says, had lots of Gold, Silver and Copper. Where all wealth went? Looks like PB took a lot of it.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I cant remember the place exactly but there is one coastal workplace (I do believe its a smelters down the gtroit coast) that part of the deal for them to be there was that whenever they are to shut up shop that they have to out of their own pocket return the area to its natural state.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I cant remember the place exactly but there is one coastal workplace (I do believe its a smelters down the gtroit coast) that part of the deal for them to be there was that whenever they are to shut up shop that they have to out of their own pocket return the area to its natural state.

Nobody will ever know but 80 or so years of heavy manufacturing by Holden at Fishermans Bend will be clazy expensive to clean up.