Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Sounds great.
How do we find the trades to do so?

Well we should have been encouraging more people into the trades through TAFE and technical colleges rather than defunding/dismantling them.

In the interim we will need to import that labor, which should be at the top of the pile WRT work visas as (other than food and water) housing is the most important thing that every person needs and should be prioritised above everything else for work visas.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just import them.

And then import some more to build housing for them.

And when that lot need housing.....oh wait.

We import them, then good old Australian red tape won't recognise their trade qualifications.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's aleady in accessing your super for a house deposit....Have the prices of houses jumped up 50% as a result? Nope....

How the heck is accessing your super to fund YOUR house deposit putting it in the hands of someone else that already owns a house?

Houses have jumped up a lot since covid. Who knows how much of it is due to people accessing their super but if you can access your super then it is undeniable that some of that recent rise in house prices is a result of people accessing their super.

It’s simple economics, more money chasing less goods results in the prices of those goods going up (inflation). Although for some stupid reason we don’t count asset price inflation in the inflation statistics that the RBA use to set interest rates.

Funnily enough it’s the massively rich who predominantly benefit from asset price inflation so that part of the inflation being “overlooked“ by the entire world’s reserve banks is just a coincidence I’m sure. :rolleyes:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
The less you have to borrow in the first place the less interest you have to pay.
Super is a stich Cbus is paying plenty of useless leaches more than I ever got as a sparky on a building site. The sucker and his money soon parted.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
In the interim we will need to import that labor, which should be at the top of the pile WRT work visas as (other than food and water) housing is the most important thing that every person needs and should be prioritised above everything else for work visas.
Ok so we need to import labour, that need housing also, to pickup the short fall to build the housing we are in short supply of.
You've just created a circular problem.
We can't keep upping immigration to help with a short fall in housing construction (and that's ignoring the fact all the other services and infrastructure aren't there for increased population).

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Schools are pot luck everywhere..

Employment....Want to work, can travel....It sucks but it's a sacrifice you have to make to get some where
I run a commercial painting company, if I move to bum **** no where that's not possible.
If I have to work for someone I don't have the flexibility I require for my family situation. That in turn means either myself or my wife now become a drain on society sitting at home on a carers pension.
Life isn't always as simple as you would like to make it.

I'd rather rentvest than your approach of sacrificing everything simply so I can say I'm a home owner of some hovel in the middle of nowhere.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Ok so we need to import labour, that need housing also, to pickup the short fall to build the housing we are in short supply of.
You've just created a circular problem.
We can't keep upping immigration to help with a short fall in housing construction (and that's ignoring the fact all the other services and infrastructure aren't there for increased population).

Only if that imported labour builds less housing than it needs for their own accommodation. If they can build more, then we are ahead.

I think most in the building trades have worked on more than one house.