Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JCCC Federal Election Polls

JCCC Federal Election Poll:

• Australian Labor Party

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Liberal Party of Australia

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Liberal National Party (QLD)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • National Party of Australia

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Country Liberal Party (NT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australian Greens

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • National Party (WA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents

• Other

• Donkey Vote - Turn up but no vote

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If you don't want my cohort teaching ur kids, teach them yourself. I don't want to have to deal with such an aggressive parent as yourself. My colleagues are quite excited and are passionate about the teaching career; most of them would feel the same.

Teaching is a-political, the facts do suggest that a more progressive view of the world is the way to go.

I have been slightly wrong on one issue, you are exaggerating. I fact I am more right than you suggest, after checking my facts...

At no stage have I claimed a monopoly on social conscience; again the right is putting words into the mouth of the left (don't worry, we do it the other way round too). But from your abusive nature, and your argument, my conscience is bigger than yours. Yes, I am a dudley doo-right and am damn proud of it. Just as you are probably very proud of your fiscal success. It allows me to not 100% rely on material items for gratification.

I was replying to a claim suggested by another; my internet world does not revolve around you, reaper.

You can have a social conscience and make plenty of money. Just look at Bill Gates and Sir Richard Branson.

You are free to drive what ever car you like. If you didn't drive the senator, someone else will.....

I have one uni degree (civil engineering) and am working my way through the other. I have owned a house, many cars, and changed career. I have been to rehab and even been involved with a cult (long time ago, now an atheist). I will probably kick you arse in general knowledge. I have lived more in my 28 years than many others do in 80. To suggest that I am immature because my worldview does not align with yours is insulting to say the least.

Good day.....

P.S. cool story bro :)

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
As part of a physically fit elite, I am going for a run now. Sydney City to Surf is in the offing, and I have training to do.
C.

Dude you do realise City to Surf is a physical running race, not a running your mouth activity?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
see_you_trolling.jpg

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been for a run, only a quick one (don't like running at night, we live on the edge of town where its dangerous to be a pedestrian at night). 3.32k, 17m 46s. wished for a better time, but, oh well. Saving myself for big 14.1k effort tomorrow.

Reaper; I never posted initially to pick a fight but you seem to lack the basic cognition to accept that people like me exist, along with millions of other australians with similar beliefs. Rather you reply with regurgitated scaremongering you probably got from this mornings daily telecrap (or whatever the dumbed-down tabloid paper is in your neck of the woods :)).

We have nothing further to discuss, you have made your points clear, as have I. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. Nature is the great equaliser. I hope for all our sakes the future is a good one, whatever that may entail. At least we can all agree on that :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Note to Moderators:

Is there any chance Commsirac has been reincarnated yet again and slipped under your guard?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Note to Moderators:

Is there any chance Commsirac has been reincarnated yet again and slipped under your guard?

I am not he/she. Always been c2105026. Always will.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Been for a run, only a quick one (don't like running at night, we live on the edge of town where its dangerous to be a pedestrian at night). 3.32k, 17m 46s. wished for a better time, but, oh well. Saving myself for big 14.1k effort tomorrow.

Reaper; I never posted initially to pick a fight but you seem to lack the basic cognition to accept that people like me exist, along with millions of other australians with similar beliefs. Rather you reply with regurgitated scaremongering you probably got from this mornings daily telecrap (or whatever the dumbed-down tabloid paper is in your neck of the woods :)).

Which bit of what I have posted is incorrect. You are great with rhetoric but piss poor when it comes to supporting your arguments. I have no problem accepting that people like you exist. I find it hilarious that when you are called to account for what you write, it suddenly becomes a gang conspiracy against you.

If you don't want my cohort teaching ur kids, teach them yourself. I don't want to have to deal with such an aggressive parent as yourself. My colleagues are quite excited and are passionate about the teaching career; most of them would feel the same.

Be passionate but don't teach crap :)

Teaching is a-political, the facts do suggest that a more progressive view of the world is the way to go.

That's not what you have suggested before, nor my own experience (my wife is a teacher so I do have a little incite with what goes on)

I have been slightly wrong on one issue, you are exaggerating. I fact I am more right than you suggest, after checking my facts...

See??? There you go again. Don't post crap!

Better than Tony 'penis with ears' Abbott! He will criminalise abortion.....
There is no Liberal Party policy to criminalize abortion, nor has there been any suggestion by that side that it's even on the agenda.

2. You now claim teaching is A-Political yet:
The teachers fed has long been aligned with the left (hey, even the main colour on the website design and membership card is red!) NSW syllabus documents do have a left-wing bias. Like, in the Human Society and Its Environment Key Learning Area, aboriginal and environment issues feature predominantly. In English, critical literacy is more and more important. The PE KLA also features leftist things such as individuality, and challenging discrimination.However, as a DET teacher it would be my duty as part of my job description to teach the content as set out to me by the board of studies.

3. USA, India and China legislating carbon tax:
Well lets look at that.

USA: Well 3 of the 50 states have a Carbon tax of some sort. I guess it rounds up to a nation wide tax somehow :unsure:

India: Approx AUS$1 per ton of coal produced or burned in India. Kinda makes Australia's starting price of $23 a ton somewhat steep don't you think???

China: Well they have thought about it but nothing has been legislated yet. No figures are available.

And as the Prime Minister Brown or spokes woman Gillard refuse to answer - how much cooler will the world be as a result of the Australian Carbon Tax???? That is the end goal isn't it - to slow the world's temperature rise (which coincidentaly hasn't gone up in 6 years, well before the carbon tax stupidity came about).

Reaper

4. In replying to a guy who was worried about jobs at a brick company and you suggest plantation timber is a good idea (wtf???)

At no stage have I claimed a monopoly on social conscience; again the right is putting words into the mouth of the left

The clear inference here is that if somebody doesn't agree with you, they don't:
Geez people, if you can't agree with me (or at the very least try to understand my perspective) then why the #### bother arguing? We won't convince the other that they are wrong, that is clear; let us agree to disagree and that is that? I have more important things to do (exercise,uni work, care for sick/disabled family members) than to argue with self-made, HSV-driving dyed in the wool tory voters all day...sheesh! Just as you all have probably more important things to do than to gang up on uni student who happens to both drive/like commodores whilst having a social conscience.

(don't worry, we do it the other way round too). But from your abusive nature, and your argument, my conscience is bigger than yours. Yes, I am a dudley doo-right and am damn proud of it. Just as you are probably very proud of your fiscal success. It allows me to not 100% rely on material items for gratification.

You think I do???

You are free to drive what ever car you like. If you didn't drive the senator, someone else will.....

Then why bring it up?

I have one uni degree (civil engineering) and am working my way through the other. I have owned a house, many cars, and changed career. I have been to rehab and even been involved with a cult (long time ago, now an atheist). I will probably kick you arse in general knowledge. I have lived more in my 28 years than many others do in 80. To suggest that I am immature because my worldview does not align with yours is insulting to say the least.

It appears you have. Want a medal.... scratch that - greens badge???

Reaper

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gang conspiracy...well for expressing a legitimate and well reasoned point of view (at least from my perspective) I have been subject to stereotyping, name calling, and no tolerance whatsoever. I try to defend myself but noone frigging listens, and accepts an alternate point of view for what it is, not what they think it should be. Not to worry we lefties have balance of power. 2 more years! 2 more years! So there :).

You'd be surprised how many teachers don't know what they are teaching. Misconception of facts has long been an issue across all KLAs. However universities are now working to stamp it out. However the content of this debate is largely out of the scope of any K-6 syllabus. But I will repeat; the facts, as spelt out in curriculum documents (that both the left and right have played a part in) generally coincide with a leftist view of the world (albeit perhaps not an extreme one) that supports cultural tolerance and diversity, equity, being a good and knowledgeable citizen, and the utmost respect for the environment. Facts are not political; they are facts. Whether 2+2 is 4 is not a left/right/centre thing - it is. Whether or not Australia was invaded is not a left/right argument - by all defenitions it was (Any respectable historian will tell you that). The argument over climate change in a broad sense is no longer a left/right issue - the libs have a climate change policy (albeit a weak one), so ipso facto they agree with the current scientific consensus that global warming/climate change is manmade.

Now the other things.

Fair enough, wrong about abbot re: abortion, however I do not forsee an advancement of gay rights under his possible administration. He is a social and cultural reactionary. Nonetheless, I would not be surprised if abortion became criminalised under him....

Where are the links to your info? My info found via US EPA site suggests that all states will have some form of carbon permit system by end of year, with varying levels of stringence. Is india $1/tonne of carbon or $1/tonne of coal? two very different things. Again YOU need to back things up too, not pull numbers willy nilly out of the air (like I have done once or twice, sorry, I am a falliable human afterall, just like you).

It has been said that 'we have become a society that judges us more by what material goods we have, rather than what we actually do with our lives'. US president Jimmy Carter said that over 30 years ago, and unfortunately nothing has changed. I make my mark on the world by helping those less fortunate than myself - teaching underpriveleged kids how to read via smith family, raising funds for camp quality etc. In addition to teaching the next generations of children basic knowledge and skills to get them through school, work and adulthood. I elect not to leave my mark via a plethora of expensive toys. Just remember mate; you will be thought of and be remembered by what you do in your community and how you treat people, not by your bank balance.

I have a wide selection of greens paraphanelia left over from the last elections :D I require no more, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.