Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JCCC Federal Election Polls

JCCC Federal Election Poll:

• Australian Labor Party

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Liberal Party of Australia

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Liberal National Party (QLD)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • National Party of Australia

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Country Liberal Party (NT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australian Greens

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • National Party (WA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents

• Other

• Donkey Vote - Turn up but no vote

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Gang conspiracy...well for expressing a legitimate and well reasoned point of view (at least from my perspective) I have been subject to stereotyping, name calling, and no tolerance whatsoever. I try to defend myself but noone frigging listens, and accepts an alternate point of view for what it is, not what they think it should be. Not to worry we lefties have balance of power. 2 more years! 2 more years! So there :).

Bwahahahaa - have a cry why don't you. You were the one wanting to "Bring it on". You said so here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ccc-federal-election-polls-3.html#post1928152. The most democratic thing that should happen now we have (some) details of the tax is to call a full election of both houses of parliament to get a mandate. If the Green/Labor coalition win then pass the tax. If they don't well it should be put on in definite hold. I would be happy with re-introducing it when the worlds big players do introduce such a tax and then we should set ours in parity with those countries. 10 - 20x the market rate of our biggest competitors is just stupid.

Fair enough, wrong about abbot re: abortion, however I do not forsee an advancement of gay rights under his possible administration. He is a social and cultural reactionary. Nonetheless, I would not be surprised if abortion became criminalised under him....

WTF does gay rights have to do with abortion????

Where are the links to your info? My info found via US EPA site suggests that all states will have some form of carbon permit system by end of year, with varying levels of stringence. Is india $1/tonne of carbon or $1/tonne of coal? two very different things. Again YOU need to back things up too, not pull numbers willy nilly out of the air (like I have done once or twice, sorry, I am a falliable human afterall, just like you).

They are found at the relevant government web sites for the countries sited but overall summarized here: Carbon tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

India tax is $1 per ton of coal produced/imported into the country. Note that 1kg of coal produces roughly 2kg of C02 once burned (depending on the efficiencies of the power station) so your great example is roughly $0.50 per ton. Australias starting point of $23 gets worse and worse!!!!

The best I could find about China was from various news reports saying they might put on a carbon tax of AUS$1.40 - $2.80 starting 2012. As far as I can find this hasn't passed into law as of yet.

Unlike yourself, I don't pull numbers willy nilly out of the air. Show me which one is wrong and I'm happy to back it up. You have the typical Green mentality that stamps your foot on the moral high ground and hate it when you are called to account. It's becoming more and more evident why - Your arguments just don't stack up.

It has been said that 'we have become a society that judges us more by what material goods we have, rather than what we actually do with our lives'. US president Jimmy Carter said that over 30 years ago, and unfortunately nothing has changed. I make my mark on the world by helping those less fortunate than myself - teaching underpriveleged kids how to read via smith family, raising funds for camp quality etc. In addition to teaching the next generations of children basic knowledge and skills to get them through school, work and adulthood. I elect not to leave my mark via a plethora of expensive toys. Just remember mate; you will be thought of and be remembered by what you do in your community and how you treat people, not by your bank balance.

Cool story bro.

Reaper

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I am not crying, I am rolling on the floor in laughter actually.:rofl2:. I am delighted that the only rebuttals I have had are stereotyping, personal attacks, and citing amateur free encyclopaedias. If this was an officially sanctioned debate your side would have lost long ago :butt:

Wikipedia is not an academically valid source of argument/gospel. If you actually went to uni and learnt a bit more about the world, you'd know that. Anyway, if we go along this path, I guess you missed the article on peak coal, huh? Looks like coal is possibly going up anyway.....

It appears that we have visited different government sites. Which ones did you visit. I visited 'cleanenergyfuture.gov.au', and followed its links. Unlike you in finding the facts I avoid joe-blows-conspiracy-hour.

A low-carbon future that, even the libs agree we need to transition to, will cost more regardless, due to the decentralised nature of renewable energy. And there will always be the first nation state to try it. No, wait, others are doing it! (UK, Canada, EU etc.) China and India are not really fair examples; their mining wages and would not be anywhere near ours, and their safety and environment safeguards are frequently up the **** (which saves big $$$ and boosts production), so they are ALREADY at a distinct advantage. Yet we have a coal inustry that rolls along merrily.

Now if you are so confident of your position, why continue arguing with me? A bit like organised religion. They KNOW they are so full of **** that they do similar scaremongering, twisting of facts and jumping to conclusions that I have seen here from your end.

Now go off and be a good little lib/nat/tory/US republican (all different terms for the same basic philosophy), make lots of money, and read the tabloid media, listen to alan jones/ray hadley/(insert other populist, misinformed, right-wing shock jock) on your way to work to reinforce your argument :) Most importantly, be the captain of industry/master of universe that you were always destined to be. Your country depends on you!! :rofl2:

Last edited:

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Wikipedia is not an academically valid source of argument/gospel. If you actually went to uni and learnt a bit more about the world, you'd know that. Anyway, if we go along this path, I guess you missed the article on peak coal, huh? Looks like coal is possibly going up anyway.....

I attend university and have a full time job as well... I think you should go out and get some real world experience
But I forgot that you mentioned you have lived as much as an 80 year old in your short 28 years.

Now if you are so confident of your position, why continue arguing with me? A bit like organised religion. They KNOW they are so full of **** that they do similar scaremongering, twisting of facts and jumping to conclusions that I have seen here from your end.

I assume that you have obviously been a member of many organised religions and have reached the highest possible ranks for you to know this

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Now if you are so confident of your position, why continue arguing with me?

Pot meet kettle.

Your country depends on you!!

Rather him than you. Your posts are filled with you blowing smoke up your own butt and trying to belittle those that debate with you that you are far more knowledgeble than anyone here in your 28 years. You haven't even begun to live young 'rasshopper.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LOL, Bachelor of Arts kid has no clue...how sad that one studies education and knows everything there is to know. Even more sad that education boy thinks he is the only one who has been to uni. Isn't teaching generally mainly for people who arent intelligent enough to do any other job? I can count one 2 hands out of around 150 teachers who I would trust teaching my children...it scares me that we have political nutjobs like Kendra or Hendra is it? teaching our children. Reminds me of Hitlers days.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pot meet kettle.

Rather him than you. Your posts are filled with you blowing smoke up your own butt and trying to belittle those that debate with you that you are far more knowledgeble than anyone here in your 28 years. You haven't even begun to live young 'rasshopper.

Did someone mention pot vs kettle? The ageist attitude that folks have here is disturbing to say the least. Life experience has nothing to do with age. A 40 yr old who has lived a rich and varied life will know more about things in general than some 70 yr old who has lived under a rock....which has been the fate of some here today, it appears.

I am sure many here have been to uni. Before you attack me, bear in mind its NOT a bachelor of arts degree I am doing, I have said that a few times before (if you are ignorant about the content of a thread you are apparently moderating, what else could you be ignorant about...eh?). You do my assignments/exams/long hours of study without financial reward and see how YOU like it. I am doing it internal, full time, not some wanky part-time distance thing (otherwise it would be physically impossible). No, I do not want a medal for this because I get enough gratification from expanding my horizons rather than settling for second best.

Yes some teachers are political, however most I have met are not. If that is your attitude towards the teaching profession, the education system, and the country's curricula, then you are most welcome to educate your offspring yourself. On prac I have come across parents like you; how about we give YOU a class to teach, in line with school and DET requirements, for 30 hrs a week plus all the extra 30-40 hrs a week paperwork, preparation, marking and staff meetings for not a lot of pay and see how YOU like it, you ignoramus....who the #### is out of touch now? (No teachers generally don't want a medal, most are dedicated, passionate and hardworking - if you aren't it will eat you alive. They thrive on being involved in such a socially and morally rewarding carrer!)

I am not arguing anymore; we are going about in circles (ill-informed from your end). I have enough idiots and ########s in my life, in my various circles of activity, without deliberately exposing myself to further via cyberspace. If I argue enough with all you ill-informed half-wits I may well be dragged down to your level of ignorance and gullibility.

I am leaving thread with my head held high, knowing I am RIGHT and you are WRONG!!! Thank you all for wasting your seemingly valuable time on this thread.....it has acheived nothing re: constructive discussion, which was the intitial aim of it. It even failed to break the spirit of a greenie who happens to like cars, and has arrived at a compromise, which appeared to be the ultimate aim.

I joined this site to offer/receive tips and advice about GM Commodore products. Such a thread as this is outside the scope of the site perhaps.

Good afternoon. Watch out; my cohort and myself will be out there, teaching away in a few years time (actually, we have a 4 week prac in october/november :) ), filling your little kids heads with dangerous ideas, like being non-discriminatory, an appreciation of indeigenous culture, and looking after the planet. Your kids will come to school and learn this regardless of who is in power, because legally, they have to, and if you refuse, you are in big legal trouble. I would have the anointed authority of whatever govt. is in power for I will be a kick-arse teacher. However, I will only be teaching on this side of the great divide in NSW; if you don't live here, then relax, I won't teach your kids.

But someone just like me will. And there is not a bloody thing you can do about it (cue: evil laugh)

Good Afternoon,

C.

P.S. Did I mention after all this alan-jones style ranting, greatly tainted by gullibility, the greens STILL have balance of power. Oh, Yes we do :). Not a bloody thing you can do about it (cue: extra evil laugh). Enjoy the choices you have made. I know I will. It is fascinating to see how vicious people get when their nuts/tits are in a vice, and they have lost all power.....

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I am not crying, I am rolling on the floor in laughter actually.:rofl2:. I am delighted that the only rebuttals I have had are stereotyping, personal attacks, and citing amateur free encyclopaedias. If this was an officially sanctioned debate your side would have lost long ago :butt:

You might swing that way but I certainly don't. Go drop your strides with you mates - I don't want to see your pasty arse.

Wikipedia is not an academically valid source of argument/gospel.

Yet as far as a carbon tax goes, in this case it says the same as your clearly superior source below :whistling:. If you read my post I said I consulted various sources but that one summarized them very well.

If you actually went to uni and learnt a bit more about the world, you'd know that.

WTF has a university education got to do with it or not??? For somebody who claims to know so much, you post a lot of crap. Yet again - which item that I have presented as fact is actually wrong??? Or does real world experience count for something too??? I am different to you in that I was bright enough not to get into stuff that sends me rehab, don't have a degree, have managed several successful companies thru good and down right terrible times over a variety of industries. I interact with people from all walks of life and as a stereotype, you fit right into the "professional student" set that in the real world DON'T HAVE A ####ING CLUE!!!!! As for teaching - my wife finished her teaching degree and had been out in the workforce for a few years till she stopped this year to have our son. Here's a tip sunshine: Real world teaching is **nothing** like what they paint it as in university.

Anyway, if we go along this path, I guess you missed the article on peak coal, huh? Looks like coal is possibly going up anyway.....

It appears I did. What does that have to do with Australia's carbon tax???

It appears that we have visited different government sites. Which ones did you visit. I visited 'cleanenergyfuture.gov.au', and followed its links. Unlike you in finding the facts I avoid joe-blows-conspiracy-hour.

At first I thought you were right but after spending a few seconds reading, once again it appears YOU ARE POSTING CRAP! :rofl:

A low-carbon future that, even the libs agree, we need to transition to, will cost more regardless, due to the decentralised nature of renewable energy. And there will always be the first nation state to try it. No, wait, others are doing it!

Now if you are so confident of your position, why continue arguing with me?

WTF??? Surely I'd wouldn't even be having this discussion with you if I wasn't confident of my position??? I'm not one to go into any argument unless I had a good working understanding of what I'm talking about. Of course a higher intelligent being like yourself clearly doesn't think this is an issue.

A bit like organised religion. They KNOW they are so full of **** that they do similar scaremongering, twisting of facts and jumping to conclusions that I have seen here from your end.

Which facts have I twisted??? I can think of many you have. There are a few examples below. No, on the other hand maybe you haven't - you just posted out and out CRAP!

Now go off and be a good little lib/nat/tory/US republican (all different terms for the same basic philosophy), make lots of money, and read the tabloid media, listen to alan jones/ray hadley/(insert other populist, misinformed, right-wing shock jock) on your way to work to reinforce your argument :) Most importantly, be the captain of industry/master of universe that you were always destined to be. Your country depends on you!! :rofl2:

Once again, which of my posts is wrong and why?? You still haven't provided one single direct quote and reference either. I had a look thru the Australian Cleanenergy site and couldn't find anything which told me how much cooler the world would be under the Carbon Tax.

The Cleanenergy website did have a few things about China. It doesn't have a carbon price (as incorrectly claimed by yourself). It does have a direct action plan or sorts (Why is such a thing bad for Australia but ok for them????). China will (according to the website) introduce a carbon trading scheme but it isn't legislated yet and the details haven't been decided yet. Presenting it as you did, being a legislated done deal is nothing more than CRAP.

USA - again no carbon tax other than a few states. (Clean energy only talks about one - I think it's three). Once again - more crap from yourself, even by your own website.

India: Has approx AUS$1.09 tax on domestic and imported coal (which is around AUS50 - 60cents per ton when it's burned) tax. Are you saying this is comparable to Australia's tax??? Once again India have several other direct action initiatives.

So here we have it - I'm happy to post facts, even quoted from your "approved" sources which look exactly the same as the facts I posted yesterday. All you post is patronising rants and other CRAP that you try to pass off as fact. For the record I don't listen to any of the shock-jocks you mentioned above. I don't even think they are on the radio here. So once again - STOP POSTING CRAP!!! Really, the one most misinformed lately is clearly you.

The only references I have found regarding India, China and USA introducing such taxes are minuscule in cost by comparison. You don't seem to be able to point to any specific reference that says India, China and USA have legislated a Carbon tax either. Other than the typical Green ridiculing anything they don't agree with there is zero substance to your argument.

Reaper

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I look forward to you becoming a teacher, you might get some real word experience and half a clue and yes please stay out in the sticks so my children never come across you.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
It is fascinating to see how vicious people get when their nuts/tits are in a vice, and they have lost all power.....

Yes, we are all enjoying watching you get wound up more and more with each post.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Reaper: settle petal, you'll get an aneurysm, what with your high pressure job and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.