Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JCL's VS Ute

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Hows the condition of the B+ wire on the back of the alternator? (Large red wire under the rubber cup)
I've found they tend to get really, really hot and cook the terminal lug and the cable up to 5 inches or so down under the cables insulation.

Replacement of that cable with some 0 gauge has fixed a few cars that I've come across.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Hows the condition of the B+ wire on the back of the alternator? (Large red wire under the rubber cup)
I've found they tend to get really, really hot and cook the terminal lug and the cable up to 5 inches or so down under the cables insulation.

Replacement of that cable with some 0 gauge has fixed a few cars that I've come across.

Thanks for that - thats really useful info. I havent checked it out fully - I had a look at both ends of it which seemed ok but ill pull it out of the loom and have a proper inspection and see what Im dealing with.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Havent updated this in a while but have been doing plenty of maintenance related updates on the old girl.

• Resolved my auto electrical gremlins - main power cable from alternator to battery terminal was loose at the battery
  • Ended up swapping out the VT SS seats for Statesman front seats in mint condition. VT SS drivers seat had bad sag and wasnt comfortable on the VS rails
  • Put all new leads and plugs in after one day trying to remove one of the leads and it snapped off the plug. They looked pretty tired
  • Put new Pioneer splits in the front to replace the stock speakers. Huge sound upgrade - love it
  • Had to have the auto swapped out for a VT auto at the wreckers after the original had an internal leak that required a rebuild
  • Got a welder to fix a couple of exhaust issues and put a chrome dump tip on the end while i had the rear exhaust off

Havent had much cash aside with a few of the issues above to get the few things done i would like such as changing the rear springs and looking for some new rims. Ill hopefully get some money aside in the next few months.

Also on the lookout for a wrecked VS V8 whole car to swap out the driveline for. When something reasonable pops up ill hopefully pick it up

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
Looks clean mate, like to see what you'll do with it