Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jehovah's witnesses on the way- what have you done?

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Tell them you are a Christian and not interested in their false religion.

Out of curiosity, what makes theirs false and yours true? Religion is just a system of faith, regardless of how plausible it is, hence why Religion even exists in the first place, yours included.

Unless I'm reading too much into it and you just say it to get them to go away without actually meaning it :)

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Nothing says that they cant drink, my nanna drinks. Not alot but still enjoys a beer.

i never said they couldnt just that they wouldnt on this occasion

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Theyve never come to me :( maybe im just a lost cause... but after watching family guy last week I know what I WILL do if I ever get the chance...

'have you heard the word? everybody's heard that the bird is the word ' and sing continuously until they walk away... or until I stop finding it funny and just close the door

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Out of curiosity, what makes theirs false and yours true? Religion is just a system of faith, regardless of how plausible it is, hence why Religion even exists in the first place, yours included.

Unless I'm reading too much into it and you just say it to get them to go away without actually meaning it :)

I was just giving an example of what you could do. It probably wouldn't work though unless you had a very good understanding of both religions and could argue your point with them because they would no doubt just try to convince you of their religion and be even more persistent then before.

I wasn't trying to get into a debate and I really hope this doesn't spark anything, but just because you asked... it is a false religion because they claim to believe the bible in its entirety, but they have twisted the words of the bible in some cases and believe in things that are not spoken of anywhere in the bible. Christianity is not a false religion because they believe exactly what the bible says, as it is written.
YouTube - A conversation With A Jehovah's Witness

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
Is it just me or do a lot of these stories smell like bullshit lol?
Here's one that isn't BS.
Was at my mums place one day (she lives by herself) and she answered the door. I could hear her talking to a pair god botherers with American accents and didn't think much of it. That was until she called me sounding a little distressed. She had tried to close the door, and one of the tossers had put his foot in the door. I appeared and told them they had 3 seconds to be back on the footpath. Still makes my blood boil when I think about it.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I have a little sign next to my door bell that says- No Religion, No Sales people and No Charities as we donate directly thank you. You would be amazed at how many people have come to my door and turned around without even ringing the bell, it works a treat. I once had a religious guy still ring the bell and he told me he liked the sign, I looked at him and told him then he should have taken note and turned around and so he did!

Also my brother in laws old man is a greek orthodox priest. He just answers the door in his kit and they don't even bother. It usually ends with him preaching to them as they are walking away. Bloody hilarious!

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
I duno why but I get a thrill burning the jehovah's witnesses brochures after they give them to me. Feel's good. Am I sick?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I duno why but I get a thrill burning the jehovah's witnesses brochures after they give them to me. Feel's good. Am I sick?

lol we tried this and couldnt get them to burn with a lighter!! we need more firepower! so we made a small fire with paper and sticks and had a ceremonial burning good times...