Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jh_vn

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
LED parkers - so much better than the old candles
SNC00432.jpg
Is the lower picture of the parkers only and not the headlights??? Yowsers! Tell me what they are, where to get and how much?

Edit -> found heaps on ebay but still interested in exactly which ones you used.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
The seller on ebay who i bought them from isn't selling anymore, which is lame.

The ones i posted above are in the laser now so here's some pics for comparison - they're a little blue-er than the ones in the commodore. One with the flash and one without.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
The AC decided it didnt want to work any more. After most of the nights this week spent hunting for the problem it turns out the evaporator sensor ("thermostat" switch) must have been sticky cos once I fiddled with it removing the wiring terminals, suddenly I had continuity through it. Problem solved for now. Just gotta put all my dash back together now.

Ive started stripping down the T5 which i was told was in good nick ( selected gears fine etc) which it did. However the input gears are so worn that the edge of the teeth are SHARP. There's no bad chips or chunks of metal at all, just fine debris on the magnet. All other gears are fine, everything else is good so far. God dammit. So I'm up for a new input shaft and layshaft - which is not good news.

Has anyone got any T5's that they want to get rid of cheap? broken boxes? Parts' T5s? Where can I get parts?

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Got my sunday afternoon on today and put the centre console back together and put the standard tune back into the ECU.
Pulled the battery out and topped up the water and trickle charged it. Cleaned all the contacts and got rid off the corrosion build up and new earth terminal. Tuna oiled the rust under the battery bay.

Replaced the **** house kenwood rear speakers to a set of jaycar 6.5" coaxials. Naturally they didnt fit so I had to make up some spacers. Will gloss black the speaker grilles on the parcel shelf and hope that the speakers wont be sitting too high when i put the parcel shelf back in tomorrow.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Oh yeah so the gearbox i bought back in february had ####ed input gears because it turns out that it was run without oil. It could run again, but the input gear teeth were worn bad as, plus 3rd gear on the mainshaft was chipped on a couple of teeth. god dammit.

SO fast forward till like 2 months ago and now ive got a manual vp calais as a donor car. The engine was ####ed i was told, but the gearbox seems to be in good nic. This one had oil in it, and it was clean. And it has a 3.71 LSD.. but its IRS so im not sure if the diff centres can be swapped (IRS to live axle diff). Any one know?

Interior was rough, plastic stuff needs replacing, centre console needs to be found, power windows, power mirrors, level 3 cluster no bleeds, dvd player in roof, boot full of spares, lowered on king sl al round.. or i could just part out and scrap the car considering that ive got what i came for now.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN's engine is out and stripped down mostly, getting a full gasket/seal kit, double row timing chain and probably a hone + new piston rings. And dealing with the wiring which i ran through the then-vacant clutch cable grommet. gotta move all that elsewhere. slow progress

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
VN's engine is out and stripped down mostly, getting a full gasket/seal kit, double row timing chain and probably a hone + new piston rings. And dealing with the wiring which i ran through the then-vacant clutch cable grommet. gotta move all that elsewhere. slow progress

Awesome, if you need an extra set of hands lemme know