Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just chucked quad mufflers on sidi sv6 and....

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the stock system is 2.25 inch stainless steel not much point replacing it. it can be improved by removing the 2inch hot dogs and replacing the restrictive rear mufflers with free flowing mufflers.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
so you think di filipos are the best choice from those three?

yeah but most expensive, di fillipo is like hand made ****, worth it if you got plenty of cash, but redback would do the job pretty well for heaps less. I have 2.5" mufflers atm, definite improvment sound wise, probably a few rwkw, and better eco at cruise speeds, mainly a low burble sound though.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
this is easaly the best way to go i have done it no drone slight improvement in economy and good sound very european

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
I have a stock V6 Omega and I just put on the standard SS quad exhaust system including SS standard front/rear mufflers. (i think the pipes are 2.25")??

But no drone at all.

I was a bit skeptical that there may be a drone but luckily I didn't opt for bigger pipes or anything as the ecotech don't need it.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
get some HSV mufflers (or SS), gruntier, 2.25', no drone, cheap...

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
How loud are the redback mufflers over the hsv mufflers? And the hsv over stock?

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
day 3.... i think i am getting used to these mufflers.... and as for auto playing up..it doesn't seem to be anymore. Don't ask me why, but it seems good now, as for drone during acceleration, it's still there a bit but tolerable now that i have gone slightly more deaf lol. Also i have managed to control the amount by actually trying not to have a heavy foot. Slow take off... but when i put the foot to the pedal it it does sound very nice. :hmmm: I will register on youtube and upload a sound file for you guys. I think I am starting to like this..... Now for the CAI....

matyb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I just pick up an exec driven V6 VE MY9.5 Calais V and was wondering if i could put the SS mufflers on it, I assume it would be no differnat to a SV6? IMO the quads look so much better then than the two bake bean cans that come as stock.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
I just pick up an exec driven V6 VE MY9.5 Calais V and was wondering if i could put the SS mufflers on it, I assume it would be no differnat to a SV6? IMO the quads look so much better then than the two bake bean cans that come as stock.

bolt straight on mate

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
How loud are the redback mufflers over the hsv mufflers? And the hsv over stock?

from quieter to louder:

stock
triple baffled (SS mufflers, one exit from the muffler that splits into two tips)
double baffled (some SS and all HSV mufflers, two true exits from the muffler)
straight-through (redback and aftermarket)