Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just chucked quad mufflers on sidi sv6 and....

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
yeah they do drone, but as the mufflers are used, they form a layer from the fumes around the muffler internal walls creating a muffling effect. Absorbing some of the resonating frequencies, rather than bouncing them around and amplifying. It does tend to get a bit better, but still drones. I've gotten rid of mine a while ago when i had the exhaust done. The guy loved them. Just depends from person to person.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I have a stock V6 Omega and I just put on the standard SS quad exhaust system including SS standard front/rear mufflers. (i think the pipes are 2.25")??

But no drone at all.

I was a bit skeptical that there may be a drone but luckily I didn't opt for bigger pipes or anything as the ecotech don't need it.

Mate if your '06 Omega is fitted with an Ecotech then you've been dudded. Check your Owners Handbook, you will be disappointed to find that an Alloytech engine is fitted.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
i have been looking at these mufflers for about two weeks now, this thread has made my mind up, as long as the drone gets better however as cds said i dont see how this is possible.

Yeah m05tw4nt3d is right, the drone does get better infact its been almost 3 weeks and the drone amount had really dropped much more tolerable now sounds nice especially at start, idle and take off both regular driving and hard.

It does make sense about the layer of carbon building up to absorb some of the frequencies though, I may purchase a set of these to put on my 2008 calias and see how they go - im not a huge fan of needing to have the awesome note from exhaust but they do seem nice.

I've been offered 2 sets of these from OPG for $900, saving $50 off each anyone interested in getting a set could save us both $50 off the ebay marked price.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey Guys,

I've been reading this thread and honestly I can't believe the simplicity to make the exaust systems on the sv6 sound so beefy. The only problem I ask is, has anyone actually done it through HOlden rather then installing them selves and if the "engine" light is on or not. Mine is brand new and I don't really want to install them if they cause engine light on to lose my new car warranty (ie, the entire engine)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hey Guys,

I've been reading this thread and honestly I can't believe the simplicity to make the exaust systems on the sv6 sound so beefy. The only problem I ask is, has anyone actually done it through HOlden rather then installing them selves and if the "engine" light is on or not. Mine is brand new and I don't really want to install them if they cause engine light on to lose my new car warranty (ie, the entire engine)

Swapping the rear mufflers won't throw any codes. The O2 sensors are much further forward. Changing the is easy... It's 4 bolts that use a 15mm socket. That's it. Don't expect a massive difference between the SV6 mufflers and the SS ones. They're basically the same construction just with the quad tips.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
It's a massive difference for just this little change and I'm quite happy that no error codes are caused by it. I think I might have to give this a try....

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
It's a massive difference for just this little change and I'm quite happy that no error codes are caused by it. I think I might have to give this a try....

Sorry mate... Forgot this thread was relating to the stainless mufflers from opg and not just the SS mufflers. These will be a bit louder, you're right.

Same deal though. 4 bolts, 15mm socket and about 20 minutes will see you done.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
nah no biggie. I've replaced my exhaust completely since then and had the light on consistently, even told holden dealership what i done and they said it's a nuisance only and nothing can come of it. They cleared it for no charge but it popped back up again next day as they said it would. The only solution for removing the light is a retune, which they will charge you for. BUT as the above fellas said, no changing tips won't bring the light on....

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
if anyones interested, selling these mufflers for $200 used for 20,000km pm