Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got a VY S pac

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
G'day. I recently bought a VY, and ive alredy installed audio and wheels. The next step is lowering the car, but not sure how low i can go without scraping the guards or bottoming out. Ive got 19x8.0'' wheels.

I was also wondering where i can get some ss headlights. Also, i was wondering if there are a difference between the VYSS taillights and the VYS taillights?

View attachment 36034

View attachment 36035

Last edited:

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
as far as lowering, my mate has an s pac sedan with just the FE2 suspension, and he still has issues with some kerbs, but i guess if your thinking of lowering, kings superlows are the next step down?
i had stage 1 lowering done at pedders, from stock height (not FE2) with 18"s and ive had no problems.
Go to ebay and search VY, you can spend hours on there with lights and everything else

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
G'day. I recently bought a VY, and ive alredy installed audio and wheels. The next step is lowering the car, but not sure how low i can go without scraping the guards or bottoming out. Ive got 19x8.5'' wheels.

I was also wondering where i can get some ss headlights. Also, i was wondering if there are a difference between the VYSS taillights and the VYS taillights?

View attachment 36034

View attachment 36035

nice car bud.still on ls?! lol :)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
VY SS tail lights are tinted.. and look heaps better... but i like all VY lights, i just love the shape of them.

If you get them off holden, expect to pay a fair bit... But i'd probably try a wreckers or ebay.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Ebay for the lights for sure, i got mine there brand new for half the price that holden were asking.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Photo-0007_000.jpg

not really the best photo, but you can definatly tell the difference

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
If your going to change the tail lights I would suggest either VZ sv6 or VZ ss tails lights, once again the difference is ss are tinted. They plug straight in and compliment the car nicely. A few of the guys on here have done it.

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
thanks for the replys, but how much do holden ask for their VZ SS Tailights and VY SS taillights. Cant finid any on eBay.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Genuine will be pretty expensive. Try ebay for the ss items or the vz sv6 if you don't mind them not being so dark.

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
i just got 2nd hand SS lights off eBay for $220 included postage, and they are $190 each brand new.

They make such a difference to the appearance of the car.

By the way, what would be a good price to pay for VYSS or VZ SS taillights, i want some tinted lights.

Also, i was thinking of removing my rear spoiler. What do yus think?????

View attachment 37825

Last edited: