Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Model: VY SS II
Year: 2003
Kilometers: 193,xxx
Engine: 5.7 LS1 V8
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Interior: Full Black Leather
Mods:
-Full difilippo Exhaust.
-OTR with K&N.
-Mafless tune.
-Upgraded diff, unsure on ratio. 3.9.1?
-Sprint LPG Liquid Injection.
-Full audio upgrade, sub amp, sony headunit etc. Wish I knew the speaker brands All i know is it sounds amazing.
-Dyno'd at 241rwkw in early 2012.

Cons:
-All the usual stone chips, scrapes and bumps youd expect on a 10 year old car.
-Not knowing the brands of the mods and audio is killing me.
-Damned classic holden antenna broken.
-Parcel shelf speaker grills missing :(
-Steering wheel buttons displaced and not working :(
-needs a new drivers side floor mat (jezz grasping at straws haha)

Pros:
-OMG I have cup holders! no more cans of coke between my legs while driving haha
-Interior is ridiculously nice, minimal scuffing on drivers side bolster barely looks a day old.
-Mechanically perfect.
-Full service history in original holden logbook, lots of documents and receipts on mods from previous 2 owners. Not everything sadly, but proof of good ownership.
-MANUAL!

Plans:
-Major Service really treat the WFY to the works.
-Identify and confirm all mods.
-Re-tune?
-A big wash and detail.
-Parcel shelf speaker grill replacement.
-Suggestions?

So I picked her up 2 weeks ago, Been loving myself sick with it I call it my Wife because of the number plates haha kinda dumb but its sticking despite my girlfriend hating me call it my WYF haha. It was exactly the kind of car I was looking for and all the stars aligned perfectly in my eyes. Some good modest performance mods a wicked stereo for playing LOUD METAL! and im a big believer in LPG. Already having all these mods in place saved me thousands!

Been so busy with Uni being in the final weeks of the semester for this year I have had no time to give her a proper wash, servicing etc done. 3 weeks togo for this year at least. I studying Industrial design at Monash. Working alot on Automotive design currently and 4 of my teachers are practicing Car designers. 3 of which are from Holden and all worked on the VE and VF! which is really cool!

Any way despite not having any decent photos I wanted to post anyway. Just really wanted to get the Wife up here! some are just the screen shots from carsales(didnt last long haha I jumped at it :p) Being a Design and Art student im no slouch with a camera so Ill post some awesome ones when Im done for the year!

I also have a question, I have a dynosheet and receipts for the 241rwkw run. But thoughs mods and tune were in Feb of 2012. Should I get a proper tune done again? Currently running slower, rougher than the first few days I had it and despite my best efforts to drive lightfooted currently getting 18l/100 :/ Im sure alot of this will be fixed with a good service. But How often should a car be tuned to up keep performance?

Pics.

Last edited:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
congrats on your purchase, you'll love the ss, looks nice,

not sure about the tune,i am sure you will get some responses eventually-lol

love the leather-you need a double din stereo,would make it look more factory or blended imo

looks good though

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
OMG you have climate control so jelly =).

Haha thanks. Its def an upgrade after no air con for 3 years.

congrats on your purchase, you'll love the ss, looks nice,

not sure about the tune,i am sure you will get some responses eventually-lol

love the leather-you need a double din stereo,would make it look more factory or blended imo

looks good though

I was thinking a double stereo which is what I was gonna do if I got a vy with standard stereo. Im pretty happy with the soundsystem so I do think I change it any time soon.

Thanks for the kind words

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I probably wouldn't change if that one is working fine either-lol

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
20131026_150930_zpsa7d2f163.jpg

So the last owner let the valve oil drain pretty much to empty. So I topped it up!

20131026_135322_zps798cd92a.jpg

The k&n filter was also full of grease and dirt. I was amazed at how much junk I got out of it! Hopefully run a little better now.

20131026_150943_zps2f12135a.jpg

But managed to lean on a oozing paint car.... good bye work shorts hahaha

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Maybe the tune wasn't a good one. Id try and get a tune by someone who has a reputation for good tunes .

Could also be needing a service .

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Maybe the tune wasn't a good one. Id try and get a tune by someone who has a reputation for good tunes .

Could also be needing a service .

Ill prob see how it goes after the service. The tune it had was almost 2 years ago though thats alot of time.

I think the OTR is pretty crap too. The opening isnt really in a good spot. Its mostly blocked by the body frame above the opening infront of the radiator. Its definitely got to restrict air flow.

Its not really aimed or positioned in the large opening for optimal air flow. Maybe a new OTR and tune at the same time. From what I gather it should cost around $1000-1200 all up for a otr and tune?

Add another to the todo list. New gas struts for the bonet.... couldnt of been more annouying holding it open with my head hahahaha