Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Juzo's 05 Impulse blue VZ SS

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
hey man dont thing ive seen this in warny yet does it have gm motorsports sticker on front..

Nah, not much of a sticker fan on cars so none for me.

love the Rip Shift i had one previously, in my Black Clubby and i wanna get another one for my R8

Yeah the rip is awesome. Makes it more fun to drive.:D

IEVLV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8 M6/LS2
what unit did you get the Street, Race or Super Street

just interested to know as i will prolly get a the Street Version again for my VZ R8 once i am back in the cash

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Looking good, Juzo:thumbsup:
With the ripshift, will they fit into a SV6 Manual 6spd? Wouldn't mind having a short shifter.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
what unit did you get the Street, Race or Super Street

just interested to know as i will prolly get a the Street Version again for my VZ R8 once i am back in the cash

I went for the street. I was lucky to try my brothers out before i bought one and was sold on it.

Looking good, Juzo:thumbsup:
With the ripshift, will they fit into a SV6 Manual 6spd? Wouldn't mind having a short shifter.
Cheers mate.
They are an awesome shifter which i highly recommend but you'd have to check with phonsy on whether or not he makes one for the 6cyl, his website doesn't list one but he may make one.

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
yeah ripshifters are good as my mate FAALAP mostly missed 3rd on the strip hes put a race one in and hasnt looked back did his best time on the strip.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ripshifters are good as my mate FAALAP mostly missed 3rd on the strip hes put a race one in and hasnt looked back did his best time on the strip.

Race ones are pretty noisy aren't they?:whistling

IEVLV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8 M6/LS2
i would have thought the race ones would be less noisy being on piece as opposed to the street version coz on the street needing the OEM shifter attached to the top of the ripshift

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
i would have thought the race ones would be less noisy being on piece as opposed to the street version coz on the street needing the OEM shifter attached to the top of the ripshift

I've heard the race ones are noisier. Metal is great and transmitting vibration (aka sound), so having a single piece for the shaft would make it more efficient at doing that.

Assuming no loose bits rattling round, you'd expect the multi-part version to be quieter.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Cheers mate.
They are an awesome shifter which i highly recommend but you'd have to check with phonsy on whether or not he makes one for the 6cyl, his website doesn't list one but he may make one.

IEVLV8 did send my a link to gmmotorsport yesteday, had a flick through the site but found they do ones for VZ V8 6spd. Ill give em a buz to see if they can make one up. Ill be holding my breathe for the price.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
IEVLV8 did send my a link to gmmotorsport yesteday, had a flick through the site but found they do ones for VZ V8 6spd. Ill give em a buz to see if they can make one up. Ill be holding my breathe for the price.

lol, yeah it may sting a bit if it's a special make but worth the call just the same.:thumbsup: