Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N filter worth the $120

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
ive got a k&n panel filter in my, i didnt change the setting on the ecu 2 say more air was goin through cause it does it automaticlly with my car i seem 2 go through a bit more fuel wonce i got it but u get that when u wanna have a lil fun lol

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
if your motor is just a stocko, or good exhaust you're wasting your money.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
As totq said, K&N is good for people who have spent decent amounts of money on thier engines.

I got a K&N from Shounak though, partly cause I installed neons to his car. I certainly wouldn't spend $120 on one though.. Bit beneficial factor is re-usable etc. I wouldn't mind testing out a K&N Pod though, with Heat Shield.. looooooove the induction noise!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I remember once i read a street machine mag and they tested all types of filters including K&N panel and pod, Paper panel and pod. and they were all the same acording to them. Not enough power gain worth bragging about.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh i din't pay $120 for my panel filter any way paid like $60 wid discount from work but off the shelf at supercheap they should be only $80 anyway. thats for the vt-vz v6 and v8 im pretty sure, part no: 33-2116

Last edited:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I found i had no real gain when i had it it me VN.....

But when i swapped it to the VP it was just gettin 2b 1yr old, i could feel more difference than when i put it in the VN.....
Maybe coz i had a yr of use it was pickin up more crap than new, but this would only restrict it more as it would be dirty, but this would make it suck less air....

Im not sure but i can say that i noticed more diff with a Yr old one in the VP than wen it was new in the VN....gain was not much,maily throttle response...

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Id say that the difference most people are noticing when they put them in is because the old one was dirty. Id rather pay $10 for a paper filter several times than 120 at once anyway

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah but they are rated to last 1,000,000kms so im not goin to buyin another one for a few yrs now.....
I just take it out of the car im sellin n put in the new car.....

samvlcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
what do you mean by they're 'reusable'... i thought when they filled up with that black crud you binned them. can you wash them or something. i heard air and oil filters needed to be changed every 12 months...