Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ka Laser project.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Haha that's great man, something different :)

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Someone gave me (for free) a red KA Laser Ghia a few years ago. I have only ever used it as a paddock bomb because the interior was stuffed and the tyres had the steel belts sticking out of them, but the engine ran perfect. I had to change the fuel pump twice and the exhaust fell off once lol. But now it doesn't go anymore, I left it sitting for a really long lime and when I went to drive it again, the diff blew up and lost all the transmission oil haha.

The interior looks clean in yours, are you going to respray the outside or just leave it?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Someone gave me (for free) a red KA Laser Ghia a few years ago. I have only ever used it as a paddock bomb because the interior was stuffed and the tyres had the steel belts sticking out of them, but the engine ran perfect. I had to change the fuel pump twice and the exhaust fell off once lol. But now it doesn't go anymore, I left it sitting for a really long lime and when I went to drive it again, the diff blew up and lost all the transmission oil haha.

The interior looks clean in yours, are you going to respray the outside or just leave it?

The interior came out of the meteor, so its got this almost mint dash and carpet combined with cruddy everything else lol, It may get a paint job one day, but it will be for practice so i can try and improve my painting skills as they are currently very average :D

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Well nothing has changed with this beast, me and my mates were bored over the long weekend so we decided some grass toboggan was in order!!
SO here it is in action:
IMG_0391.jpg

On another note, i have purchased some new rings as its becoming a little smokey, hopefully its a std bore as thats what i bought cheap on ebay!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Well little update,

Engine is coming out again because i got my hands on another low k engine cheap except this time its actually good! (i hope)
Its really clean inside, so its a good sign :)
few pics:
IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
That was a very entertaining read. Well done for all the work you have done. Looks pretty darn good for a paddock bomb.

Ps: I think you bought that headunit off me, used to be in my old work van.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
im having trouble visualising the efi 5.0 in there, but im sure with a big enough hammer you can get that firwall into the right shape.

LOL, get the gas axe onto it! then we can drop a blown 5 litre in up front and slap a 9 inch under the back. If you supply ill deliver :D

That was a very entertaining read. Well done for all the work you have done. Looks pretty darn good for a paddock bomb.

Ps: I think you bought that headunit off me, used to be in my old work van.

Thanks mate!
I know its not worth the time and effort i put in but i enjoy it so why not, surprisingly fun to drive too!
Pretty interesting about the headunit, it would have to be the best feature of the whole car i reckon:)

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
That head unit was the best thing that was in my old shitty berlingo van. Was very happy to see the end of that thing. Best of luck with the new engine for the laser, hoping to see some more updates soon!

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
had a good laugh while readin this mate, good work using it as a training vehicle to hone ur skills...inspiring me to do something similar cos I have bugger all mechanical skills, seems like it'd be lots of fun to just dice up a car and put it all back together again bigger n better* (not beater)...on the cheap

Last edited: