Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ka Laser project.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
BOAT ANCHOR ANY BODY??

no honestly, what a good beast to learn on.

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
So much awesome contained in this thread. The laser is actually starting to look pretty tidy! Needs more 2JZ though ;)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
had a good laugh while readin this mate, good work using it as a training vehicle to hone ur skills...inspiring me to do something similar cos I have bugger all mechanical skills, seems like it'd be lots of fun to just dice up a car and put it all back together again bigger n better* (not beater)...on the cheap
Yeah its pretty much perfect for learning, screw something up meh its a pos anyways and replacement bits are cheap as dirt. Its always got something to try and fix, so its good for filling in the boring weekends when you got nothing better to do except poke around in the shed. I get a kick out of it anyways lol :D

BOAT ANCHOR ANY BODY??

no honestly, what a good beast to learn on.

Pfft boat anchor, this bad boy would pull the boat down with it :p

So much awesome contained in this thread. The laser is actually starting to look pretty tidy! Needs more 2JZ though ;)

Dunno if "tidy" is the word for it haha but its definitely come a long way from what is was!
A 2JZ RWD conversion would be wicked, any RWD would be. Ive heard they made an AWD version in japan, would love to convert it to one of those with a Mazda BPT!!

Little update, new engine is in. Runs really good and this one does not blow any smoke or rattle or make any bad noises lol. I bought some NOS lights off ebay really cheap ($20 inc postage) so its now sporting a larey new rear end, ill take some pics one day :)
All it needs now is Brake hoses and rear shockies, and maybe a grill of some sort.
and then maybe, just maybe, Blazer shall see the open road once more.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Got my hands on a new front clip, in average condition so it suits the rest of the car, new headlight as well.

IMG_1492.jpg

And i had a go at making some door trims, turned out ok? A little bland but better then nothing :)
IMG_1491.jpg

And some cheap tail lights i got my hands on:
IMG_1494.jpg

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Lookin cool man, sweet little project.
Keep us posted

ripper6

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs acclaim
Mad little project mate, will you be respraying it aswell ? I hope so man it'll look good with a fresh coat of paint

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Mad little project mate, will you be respraying it aswell ? I hope so man it'll look good with a fresh coat of paint

My mates all want to paint it red and put a big mustache and M symbol on the bonnet and name it Mario, i dunno yet. The paint is currently the last concern!

Bit the bullet as i found some shocks on super special, so i have now fitted the new rear end and shocks, i replaced the brake lines, rear wheel cylinders and shoes while i was there.
Also found some cheap ball joints on ebay so now the front end is all right to go, i did the front brake lines as well.
It now sits higher in the rear thanks to the meteor springs.

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

My neighbor has also given me some mags that fit but the center is too big so all the weight is on the studs when you fit them so ill see if i can find some inserts to suit.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Took a pic of the new engine, heres a before and after shot:

IMG_5269.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

Before and after of the interior:

IMG_5264.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

And i finally got around to spraying over the big 7 on the side.
IMAG0193.jpg

So what im thinking of doing is registering it while im doing the engine conversion on the VK so i can still get to work and get around and then after see if its worthwhile keeping on the road or not.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
wow,you really did save it,well done lol.