Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kayhan Android/Apple Carplay +Nav+ digital radio.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I ended up sending the unit back, did not get any useful support. They kept telling me that they will look into it without getting back to me with any solutions.

Yeah kayhan is like that, i had issues with my full replacement unit and they did stuff all to look into it.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I ended up sending the unit back, did not get any useful support. They kept telling me that they will look into it without getting back to me with any solutions.

Thanks for the update... will steer clear for now. :(

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
surely it would have to be up to a half decent standard to be being resold by Walkinshaw!?

it is the same box they were/are selling on their website for $795 which seems to have the images wiped out now but google caches images so you can find them still.

the only difference will be that they added a walkinshaw logo for "performance" pricing.

their video of the install is still on youtube where you can see the same box "without the logo" being installed in 2020.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
surely it would have to be up to a half decent standard to be being resold by Walkinshaw!?

You would hope so, but not necessarily. Who would have thought VCM would sell a dirt munching otr to the entire country for at least a couple of years for everyone to break in their new VF's with! Still so dirty (pun sort of intended) on that.
I just can't believe Alpine are still to release a sucessor to the 902d. It's getting close to 2 years now with nothing! And I fear they'll make it floating which means I'm out.
Could luck to Alpine's competitors, as Alpine needs a b***h slap.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Only if Walkinshaw are not living off their name :rolleyes:

If they provide technical support for their branded products, either directly or through contracting Kayhan, then it may be ok but I wouldn’t hold my breath that’s the case :oops: But from what I’ve read on these forums about Walkinshaw power upgrades, and failed motors, their adherence to ACL seems lacking in some cases :eek:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
gonna be honest, i have almost no faith that it will be any good, but we can live in hope.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I think it’s also quite telling about the product that it’s for the VFI only and they have not taken the VFII Kayhan box option.

I have no idea how Keyhan can get the system to work without enabling the AUX on the VFII. Perhaps that’s why the product is limited to the VFI.

Also haven’t heard of any good feedback about the Keyhan units yet. The Envyous customs one would be a far safer option.

Last edited: