Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
thanks guys for the support . its starting to warm up a bit where i am already in the 40c range its hard to find motivation but ive got a few things done like made up a trans mount for the T5. sat the tranny in there to see if it all sits ok and its perfect i dont even have to trim the tunnel there is heaps of room for the shifter. i picked up a MIG/TIG/ARC welder on days off so ill be finishing off the spare wheel well and surounding area very soon. and still putting off the wiring till i get the battery in the boot set up. cheers stay tuned

Reaction score
Members Ride
so after trying to do the timing on my engine i soon noticed that something wasnt right. no.1 intake valve was opening when the piston was coming up and closing as the piston travelled downwards. so thinking i was on trips at the time i first set up the timing chain i pulled the motor down and pulled off the timing chain and set everything to how it should be no1 piston on TDC of compression stroke and put the chain back on 9 links apart from each other. gave it a turn and it was doing the same thing. so i pulled it down again and reset everything but the same thing happend. so pissed off and confused i rang the people that did my bottom end to see what was going on. as it turns out somehow my cam got mixed up with a 308 cam which go in no worries but are opposite. slightley relived finding out that im not a full tard that cant time a engine. so instead of going a stock cam i got him to order a crane 276 not a big cam but with give good streetability which is my aim for this car.

PC130189.jpg

and on a positive note i finished off my spare wheel well . took a lot more work then just get a part from rare spares and replace it because all around it was rusted out so i cut out all the rust and replaced it with sheet metal. pretty happy with the results :)

PC120188.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
That's a nice job on the wheel well!

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers mate but as you can see from the pic that i have to start the rear window panel now.... hahaha shouldnt of pulled off the boot seal

Reaction score
Members Ride
well the wiring is 90% finished just new headlight wires to be run and a wire for the fuel pump and then she is ready to fire and run in :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
been pretty busy lately but ive got a few things done like the cam is in and timed :) also i made myself a nice set of rear upper control arms they look just like the ones you can buy from nolathane but i used heavy wall RHS and billet steel with nolathane HD bushes. just need a few nolathane stickers and ya wouldnt know the difference.

P1100197.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
small up date i picked up my T5 and gave it a well needed clean up now its looking sweet. need a clutch and i was thinking an excedy HD but a mate is also looking at clutches for his 5 speed v8 and he is looking at a cusion ceramic a place called sunbury brakes does anyone know if there good. there only about $150 bucks more then the excedy.

started motor is bolted in once i got the right bolts($45 later). fuel pump wire and 2 sets of RCA's run to the rear of the car. the instrement cluster is at gauge works getting recond as well as the tach calibrated to suit the v8 and a speedo cable getting made with inline speed sensor for the computer.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
cheers mate but as you can see from the pic that i have to start the rear window panel now.... hahaha shouldnt of pulled off the boot seal
ooh that gutter rash doesnt look to healthy! rare spares do a full sill and gutter panel...you may already know! w/well looks sic....mine needs a finish like that