Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kevin Rudd and his green car vision are lemons

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
We have had a couple hybrid camrys through work. Apart from people walking out infront of them as we move around the workshop (they are silent for the 5 seconds they run on battery alone), they make annoying shudders and kicks as they switch between petrol/electric. Useless versions of a boring car if you ask me

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Old Toyota's are good (considering their age) but the new ones are just ****. Interiors are heinously ugly, underpowered golf carts... or should I say bowls carts???? Mums ol' 1983 Toyota Tercel would not die, even after 400,000 kms and me learning to drive in it. Only reason she ditched it is due to cracking the diff and replacement being literally Seven times what the car is worth.....

Shame as they used to produce some decent cars, small buzz boxes granted but still good cars for their niche.

Can't speak from personal experience but I have heard a few people say that the Korean car manufacturers are the "underdogs" that the japs where back in the day, I.E reasonable priced but decent construction and reliable....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Old Toyota's are good (considering their age) but the new ones are just ****. Interiors are heinously ugly, underpowered golf carts... or should I say bowls carts???? Mums ol' 1983 Toyota Tercel would not die, even after 400,000 kms and me learning to drive in it. Only reason she ditched it is due to cracking the diff and replacement being literally Seven times what the car is worth.....

Shame as they used to produce some decent cars, small buzz boxes granted but still good cars for their niche.

Can't speak from personal experience but I have heard a few people say that the Korean car manufacturers are the "underdogs" that the japs where back in the day, I.E reasonable priced but decent construction and reliable....

Once again, I'll show my age when admitting to learning to drive on a brand new 1967 Corolla. That was probably the car that established Toyota in this country and it was a truly brilliant car within its price and market sectors - streets ahead of anything else around at the price. And the corolla has always had an outstanding reputation, but the Camry will always be seen as deadly dull.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ahh this article is flawed!!

Price doesn't seem a particular barrier. The problem with the hybrid Labormobile is value. By comparison, Mercedes-Benz isn't having any trouble at all shifting its high-performance $150,000 C63 AMG, with more than 300 sold since the start of the year (it's unlikely, by the way, that any are getting around in government fleets or as taxis).

I've been in multiple C63 AMG taxis, complete with a cultural item of the drivers choice on the dash and an uncanny mixed smell of body odour, alcohol and vomit.

Clearly the author needs to conduct better research.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
so i couldnt help but notice that we have prius taxis now... i was wondering if anyone had been caught by one, and how much cheaper the fare was... considering that there could be no other reason for jumping into a prius taxi. i mean not only do you have the driving skills of a taxi driver leading you around, you also have a "hybrid" mix of prius driver skills too, im sure you know what im talking about "i dont need to look or indicate to change lanes, im in a prius"

so other that the mislead belief that prii (no that isnt a typo, the plural of prius would be prii or priora, i prefer prii) are "better for the environment" the only reason a taxi driver would want to drive one, would be simply cos' he is more of a tight-arse than the next taxi driver, so i was really wondering:

there MUST be a discount for travel in a prius, and, does that discount take away the sting of being seen travelling in one?

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
I think Camrys only stay afloat because Indians seem to be sponsored by them...well in Vic anyway.

indians keep everything alive except out pay salaries