Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

key fob dead

jeff vo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR commodore excecutive
ive taken my vr key fob to a locksmith/programmer and he has told me that the circut board is fried and cant retrive the code to reprogramme a new keyfob head. im dead in the water and have to get the vin # so he can look up the records at holdens so we can get the new key done. im wondering if the records cant be found what then?? has anyone else had this issue and what can i do to get a new key and recode!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was told by Holden i could get a key code from them for my VR if i buy a blank off them. I imagine a fob would be much the same.

jeff vo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR commodore excecutive
I was told by Holden i could get a key code from them for my VR if i buy a blank off them. I imagine a fob would be much the same.
cheers bud,, i found a number on the key fob im hoping its the code!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Worst case just get a vats off memcal so the car will run and lock and unlock manually with the key

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
not sure what that means...??
You can get a replacement chip that will allow your car to start and run without a working keyhead/fob.

Or it may work out cheaper to replace the BCM and matching keyhead from a wreck. Can usually be purchased on Gumtree for under $50. Just need to make sure you get one from a VR as the VS will not work.