Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kicker Amp/Sub is broken.

lifel355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
I brought a kicker amp/sub hideaway. It's basically a subwoofer with the amp and subwoofer in one package. I was listening to my music at a decent level (but not excessively loud which is why I'm so annoyed) and the cap on it fell off and rattled. Rendering the whole thing useless. Anytime I use it it will just rattle so I've been listening to music without the sub.
To make everything better I lost the receipt. Anyway this is what it looks like.

Cut my loses and get a new one, or is this repairable?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Get a new sub and put it in the enclosure, keep using the amp and box. Not worth fixing (if it could be).

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
lol.... the whole ####ing coil came out eh? If it was me.... I'd use some contact adhesive on the dust cap, line it up just right and perfect and drop the prick back in place. Wait till it's dry completely and then using even pressure on the cone push the cone up and down inside the basket. If it moves freely with feeling any friction, you're good to go my man. If you can feel like a scratching feeling/noise as the coil rubs against the magnets... toss it out.

lifel355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
lol.... the whole ####ing coil came out eh? If it was me.... I'd use some contact adhesive on the dust cap, line it up just right and perfect and drop the prick back in place. Wait till it's dry completely and then using even pressure on the cone push the cone up and down inside the basket. If it moves freely with feeling any friction, you're good to go my man. If you can feel like a scratching feeling/noise as the coil rubs against the magnets... toss it out.

Nah friction noises, and feels like it's moving fine. I have put the adhesive glue on the cap and set it in place. Should be completely dry tomorrow, ill let you guys know what happens. Fingers crossed!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I know it's too late now, but....
When I bought my Fli Trap self powered sub (which by the way is up for sale), the instructions
said NOT to run the thing at high or excessive volume first off, but to gradually break it in over a few days,
as doing so, could damage the speaker.

lifel355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
I had it for like a month or so, I didn't gradually go louder and louder but I never went excessive. It's all glued back in now, definitely has lost some of the sounds quality but atlesst now I can use it

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
it's just a dust cap, glue it back on as you've done and be on your way.