Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
im getting 20's in a few weeks for my sv6, i would like my car to sit like fazz's blue one, can i confirm that ssl's front and back will be lows on front and super lows on rear? i will also be using standard shocks.. any advise is appreciated.. and how much would the pedders setup like mikes green ute set me back installed? both look really good and are similar heights to what im after..

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi there Kartal , my set up was $680 and that was fitted including front and rear wheel alignment. Pedders did the work and were very good.

They have settled a small margin more since i had it done.

Cheers.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
just about to make the decision guys.. its either SSL all round or SSL front SSSL rear. its a sedan currently on 18's but soon to be on 19's. opinions? will the change from 18's to 19's just mean half an inch higher but half inch more filled out wheel arch? or do tyre sizes come into play aswell?

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
SSSL all around mate, I have a VE commodore with HSV GTS E1 kit on it (incl side skirts), using 19" low profiles. Drives fine.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just about to make the decision guys.. its either SSL all round or SSL front SSSL rear. its a sedan currently on 18's but soon to be on 19's. opinions? will the change from 18's to 19's just mean half an inch higher but half inch more filled out wheel arch? or do tyre sizes come into play aswell?

No, changing from 18s to 19s wont alter the height, as the overall diameter of both wheels and tyres is still the same.

I went from 18s to 20s and it did nothing to the ride height/clearance.

Have a look at a few different cars on here to see which spring combo you like more.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
think ill go SSL front SSSL rear as i like blakes SSV height. also monro gt shocks to stiffen the car up. ill post before and after shots etc.

yatezy13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 sv6 sidi
I just brought a full set of shocks springs and struts for my ve ute, i put ultra low in the rear and super lows in the front with the monroe shocks and struts to suitit is sitting perfect.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
whatd the struts set you back yatezy? worth doing struts aswell??

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
VE Omega

Ultra Low Rear and Super low front with boge shortened shocks

19 inch rims

$800 all up

IMG_0333.jpglowered.jpg