Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moosen92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Storm
Hi all,

Was just hoping if anybody could tell me whether or not I need a longer belt when running the mace air to air setup with a 3.4” pulley?

I was told by someone locally I wouldn’t have to, but I have doubts about that.

I’m assuming I’d just add the 52mm in height to the 1755mm length of the belt already and get a 1810.

Apologies if it’s a stupid question, or if it’s been answered before, but I couldn’t find anything in my searches and this forum is massive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You will need a longer belt but it won't just the difference in thickness of the A2A plate as the belt runs on a angle and it goes up and down from the pulley. You'd want to run a smaller pulley than 3.4 to make use of A2A plate.

Moosen92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Storm
You will need a longer belt but it won't just the difference in thickness of the A2A plate as the belt runs on an angle and it goes up and down from the pulley. You'd want to run a smaller pulley than 3.4 to make use of A2A plate.
Thanks heaps for your reply! I went back and forth with Repco to find one. On the third try I got one that fit.

I now have another issue with stalling on takeoff. I’ve been back and forth with Rhys from RK Garage getting tunes and flashing them onto my ECU using ALDL cable and FTP etc. However, no matter if it’s receiving more or less fuel, it seems to want to die, unless I very carefully give it accelerator.
And if doesn’t stall, it’ll quickly try and catch up, and take off without my help.

Could this be something throttle body related or tps related?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A2A is very difficult to tune because there is such a long air path and volume between the throttle body and the intake manifold.

Moosen92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Storm
A2A is very difficult to tune because there is such a long air path and volume between the throttle body and the intake manifold.
I can tell!

Other than the issues at take off and under a heavy sudden load, it runs fine.

There is a tuner local to me, but he just doesn’t have the equipment to tune them anymore. If I were to run live diagnostics on advanced engine diagnostics, would that possibly pick up where my issue is?

I have tried, but I’m not 100% sure what exactly I should be watching.