Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sus-stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk Holden supercharger
Hi all
I own a 03 wk statesman,

It’s been idling rough between 0 and 1000 revs and hesitates a lot when traveling at a 100kms and trying to push the accererator between 1000 and 2000 revs, the car also throws Check engine warning light when idling for 5 mins then goes away if I start driving,

I’ve changed coil packs, spark plugs, leads and dfi module, and vacum hoses, cleaned throttle body and maf sensor with correct cleaner,

I’ve got the codes read and it’s come up with some weird codes,
(Attacheted below)
upload_2018-8-14_15-29-1.jpeg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sus-stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk Holden supercharger
Sorry when It idles, it’s moving between like 600-800 revs but feels rough as.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah those numbers are no good, they are in hex and I'm not much good at translating hex.

Seeing as you have fairly much covered the ignition system I'd be looking at the fuel system. Start with a new fuel filter and try running some injector cleaner and a fuel pressure check is probably well in order too.

Sus-stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk Holden supercharger
Thanks for the help,

I’ve added the fuel cleaner in, and I’ve got about half a tank left,
There’s no difference in idle, have to wait till it’s all gone through I guess.

Is the fuel filter easy to change in this car ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fuel filter isn't hard but messy and sometimes fiddly depending on the condition of the push on fittings.

You will need to relieve fuel pressure (pull fuel pump fuse and start the engine and run till it stalls and then try starting it again a couple of times to remove all residual pressure in the lines). Once that is done you can remove the quick connect fittings with a special tool you can get from supercheap but when you pull the line off you will still get fuel running from the filter/line which inveriably ends up either running down your arm or splashing in your face. Once both lines are disconnected, remove the filter, refit the new one and clip the hosed back on. Make sure the filter is fitted in the correct flow direction (marked on the filter normally).