Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l67 wat to do?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
im working with mace. and we've hollowed out the rotors on each lobe losing around 1kg or rotating mass per rotor. which will free up a **** load of power. still using the m90 with smallest pulley i can get which i think is a 57mm. ive also got stage4 heads and cam. ill just have to see once its all tuned i guess

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
im working with mace. and we've hollowed out the rotors on each lobe losing around 1kg or rotating mass per rotor. which will free up a **** load of power. still using the m90 with smallest pulley i can get which i think is a 57mm. ive also got stage4 heads and cam. ill just have to see once its all tuned i guess

That's the first time I've heard of someone doing that!!! Sounds good in theory. Goodluck with it, will be interesting to see how it goes!

ps. What cam are you running? Specs?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
mace cam. the rotors are done they just need to be balanced and recoated :)

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Hey guys just got a 2nd hand low km l67 to put in my vs. The plan is to leave it out for six months whilst i build it up to be a super 6.Im thinking so far is heavily ported and polished heads with new valves ,springs ect. Water to air intercooler.yellaterra snout upgrade with 12psi pulley.And have the auto shift kitted and 2500 stall converter.and full dyno tune after

Just looking for peoples opinions and tips coz i may be doing something silly or unessary but not looking to go over the 5k mark on mods.

cheers:yeah:

Just cam it dude, the only way your going to improve the power decently is if you change the way the engine breathes, ie. a different cam profile.
doing the heads is all well and good, but alot of money can be wasted there without the need. just a simple tidy up and reco would be sweet.
the auto would seriously need attention, way more than just a shift kit. there will be decent torque having to go through the poor bastard and it wont like it in stock form and will definately start playing up.
with the stally you'd need to match it up with your torque, so you can't just say a 2500rpm stally. best way is to dyno the car, see where it starts to peak with the torque and take it back 500rpm or so for the stall point.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hehe cant wait till its all tuned though its been 5 months!!!

wtf are you waiting for man? wouldn't you be doing these ones ....:bang::bang::bang:
with it just sitting there.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
ive been waiting for the rotors lol wanted to get it all tuned together. ive still been driving it though