Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Labour does it again

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Regardless, more people converting to gas would only increase carbon emissions.

How do you figure this? ? ? ?
Their cars are already, as you people put it "producing carbon emissions".
By converting to LPG they are not creating anymore "carbon emissions", they are only using an alternative fuel source.
Which by the way puts out less emissions than a petrol powered vehicle does.
So unless they are driving on both fuels at the same time or I live on a different planet to you, which judging by most of the posts I've read from you, I do, then no, no increase in "carbon emissions" would happen. . . . . .
Oh and I dont wanna hear about how half the amazon rainforests are destroyed to convert a vehicle to LPG, cause a Prius does more damage being manufactured. . . . . . . .

And yes I drive a V8 and yes both our cars are on LPG.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
That greedy government ripping people off again, and where do you think the money goes?

where do you see it going? i dont see it going back into the business it came from, a stupid policy at an even more stupid time. I see it as Krudd kicking business in the teeth again when we are at our most venerable.

Business is slow? here ill just tax you more and hope it will all work out in the end... :)

POLICY ON THE RUN, he has got to stop doing it!! I would rather him take 6 months to design a policy that works is multiple ways that doesnt or reduces the cost and effect then bring out a policy hes writen on a table cloth over a friday night bender...

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
How do you figure this? ? ? ?
Their cars are already, as you people put it "producing carbon emissions".
By converting to LPG they are not creating anymore "carbon emissions", they are only using an alternative fuel source.
Which by the way puts out less emissions than a petrol powered vehicle does..

Best you examine the facts!
Why not even visit a website that gives you the facts:http://www.greenvehicleguide.gov.au

You'll see that at best CO2 emissions for cars that run factory gas setups are only 5% less than that for petrol. Most LPG conversions wont match the fact setups in this regard and the figures would be roughly similar on either fuel.
But the real reasons LPG produces more CO2 emissions is the price of the fuel. It is cheaper so people use more of it, yourself being a perfect example....would you be burning just as much petrol if you had to fork out another $1 per litre?
When people convert to lpg either of the following happens:

they dont downsize their vehicle(keep the v8 Bronco) and continue their previous driving habits because it costs less than running a prius on petrol, then the same excessive carbon emissions remain. (whereas with the increasing price of petrol they would eventually downsize or reduce use)

or

they actually drive it further, go for sunday drives etc, increases carbon emissions above what they were doing with petrol...because they can afford to.

Last edited:

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i don't think the gas vs petrol argument really makes that much of a difference. I'm putting my VT on gas, but purely because it's cheaper: and will be even cheaper because it will be hit less by the carbon whatever scheme, and as a student i can afford dick all anyway.

That said, i'm only just joining this argument, but what people had said in earlier pages is so right. What australia does means next to nothing. Us having whatever the **** schemes we want is only going to make that hippy down the road happy. China, india, and america will continue to laugh at us behind our backs because we mean nothing. Don't get me wrong, i'm the most patriotic person you will meet, but Australia simply doesn't have an impact on the world stage. ESPECIALLY when the USA is only concerned with it's economic crises, china and india will constantly have the "well you polluted when you were developing so as we develop we can do whatever we want" excuse, let alone all the third world countries that are starting to develop as we speak. We might have big emmissions per capita, but that means sweet **** all when you consider that china has 80 people for every 1 there is here.

The next thing i want to bring up is: there are two ways the government can reduce emissions. One is a tax, the other is a trading scheme. It's a basic economic principal. A tax simply recognises the extra 'social' cost to society of the emmissions, and taxes the polluters for it. THAT raises money for the government. However, apart from the initial sale (which will be pointless because the biggest polluters (cement companies i think) are getting off scott free anyway (with up to 90% of their permits free - as per the west australian). Once the permits are out there they are traded on a free market. The government earns nothing. It encourages companies to pollute less so they can sell their permits to bigger polluting companies to make more money.

I in no way support k-rudd or his decisions, but i was unable to vote due to my age last year. In my opinion, the only fact is that with the economic crises that are about to unfold, another burden on not only families, but australia's enterprise, is the worst thing a prime minister could impose.

And i would stand up to a statement saying Johnny (or even peter) would have taken that into account much better than K-rudd and that swan douchebag will/have done, being the puppets that they are anyway.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Nice work, a link that doesn't work. . . . . .
And I did do my homework before we converted.
I just love the way you manage to twist everything to suit your wacky view. . . . .

So your saying that because the fuel is cheaper that people are going to go out of their way and drive more than they normally would. . . . . . . I dont think so. . . .

Both our cars have been on LPG way b4 the govt incentive to convert and b4 all this carbon bollock and fuel price crap. . . . I love the fact that the govt hasn't double taxed this fuel yet, but give them a few years and it will have triple tax like all the rest.

What kind of a country do we live in where a govt can triple tax one item. . . . . . .

Just on another note, I hate to say it but I voted for Dudd last election and have regretted it ever since, if i could go back i would uppercut myself.
This country is turning into a giant toilet courtesy of the current govt. . .

And I think you'll find that the majority of people that convert are families trying make ends meet a little easier. Don't worry your govternment will change all that though. . . . .

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
these political threads are a waste of time. everyone has there own views on politics as it is, we dont need a million keyboard warriors arguing about it on JC. If you like labor good for you, enjoy the next 4 years cause you voted for them. If you a Lib surporter then your just gunna have to live with it. Its a fair system, majority rules so you would assume atleast 50.00001% of the population are happy (well atleast not-unhappy) with it.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
^^im guessing you dont know much about politics.

besides, threads like this in the past have been successful in getting labor vators to think straight and change their minds. thats the point of arguments. to convince the other side that youre right

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Nice work, a link that doesn't work. . . . . .
And I did do my homework before we converted.
If you did your homework, you wouldnt need to be looking up the link, which Ive fixed, sorry about that.

I just love the way you manage to twist everything to suit your wacky view. . . . .

So your saying that because the fuel is cheaper that people are going to go out of their way and drive more than they normally would. . . . . . . I dont think so. . . .

What exactly have I twisted?
What is evident is that you havent taken in what Ive said:
either people dont change their habits
and/or
their carbon emissions increase because it is more affordable, take the Bronco to pick up the kids rather than the corolla etc..

As is indicative on this forum, most people are driven by the $ rather than any concern for polluting the atmosphere.

I wont get into the absurdity of the $2000 handout, my "wacky" logic is possibly out of place here.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I dont think that people avoid going gas because of your perceived lack of availability.

Dedicated gas makes more power... The Clubby would be dedicated gas if it was as available as Petrol.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
man... im gunna go and buy shares in durex and ansell condoms. everyone is going to have to buy them to practise safe sex cos we are all getting fugged up the arse one way or another...

attachment.php

Last edited: