Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Headlights for a VESSV ?

broomie21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi Everyone,
I'm sure this has been covered in previous threads but after trawling through, I couldn't find anything.

I am after a set of headlights and possibly taillights for a 2008 VESSV sedan. I am looking to get the one's that have the LED running lights in them.
I have seen them through a company called MARS and various ebay sellers but i'm not sure which would be the best and most genuine looking out of the lot.
I am very fussy with my car and want the best i can get.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dave

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
I got the DRL headlights for my vz ute from the company on eBay called ssv lights, (Sydney-Special-Vehicles) and I love em there a really nice bright white and look nice. I don't know how to post pics but there's some in my profile if u wona check em out.

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
DRL head lights

Just worked out how to post them lol :) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg the DRL's are really bright white it's just my iPhones camera that makes em look yellowish. I've got 8500k low and high beam lights and they really make a difference at night. Oh and the LED Globes in the DRL's can't be changed but mine came with a 2yr warranty so I'm happy. Hope this helps a bit even tho it's a vz but the VE ones Arnt much different to look at.

broomie21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks for your help

:beer chug:
Just worked out how to post them lol :) View attachment 152151View attachment 152152View attachment 152153View attachment 152154 the DRL's are really bright white it's just my iPhones camera that makes em look yellowish. I've got 8500k low and high beam lights and they really make a difference at night. Oh and the LED Globes in the DRL's can't be changed but mine came with a 2yr warranty so I'm happy. Hope this helps a bit even tho it's a vz but the VE ones Arnt much different to look at.

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
DRL's are the most god-awful invention...

The LEDS have NO directional lenses, so they glare like crazy, and blind oncoming drivers at night

They are called 'DAYTIME Running Lights' for a reason

Hands up all those who have been nearly blinded by Lycra-Loonies with unregulated-beam LED headlights on their pushies and helmets!

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
image.jpgWell how about u try NOT stairing at them as they go past. Jokes! Mine don't blind people at all (mates dont reckon they do wen ive drove past etc..)and I have 8500k bulbs low and hi but never use hi-beam really. I can adjust the beams at the back of the headlights left-right and up-down and ATM they seem to be ok I think they might be pointed towards the ground a little bit tho :) maybe thats y they dont blind people.over all they still look cool

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
View attachment 152439Well how about u try NOT stairing at them as they go past. Jokes! Mine don't blind people at all (mates dont reckon they do wen ive drove past etc..)and I have 8500k bulbs low and hi but never use hi-beam really. I can adjust the beams at the back of the headlights left-right and up-down and ATM they seem to be ok I think they might be pointed towards the ground a little bit tho :) maybe thats y they dont blind people.over all they still look cool

I think you've confused HID's with LED's.

PJDM1980