Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED parker lights

dd2417

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina 3.6L
Hi all, got some LED's off eBay to put in parkers, but no matter which way I put them in, they don't light up. Put the original globes back in - works fine. Because the LED's don't use as much power as the original globes, could the ECU be disabling the parkers like the indicators hyperflash if a globe is blown? Thanks.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i have used them and they work, just have to make sure you put them in the right way
not sure which ones they were as the mechanic gave them to me

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Hi all, got some LED's off eBay to put in parkers, but no matter which way I put them in, they don't light up. Put the original globes back in - works fine. Because the LED's don't use as much power as the original globes, could the ECU be disabling the parkers like the indicators hyperflash if a globe is blown? Thanks.

No.
Just make sure you have a good connection between the holder and the LED, You may need to bend the tab's on the LED slightly to get a propper fit.
Also, Make sure the LED's work.
Sound's stupid, But i a got a few dodgy LED's from Hong Kong.
They are polarity sensitive as you already know.

Good Luck!

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
Yea, polarity sensitive, but ensure the wires are pushed out slightly to make good contact. I'd be testing it on your car battery or another 12v Bat just to make sure they're working. I've also got dodgy ones from outside Australia.