Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

legalities of modifications in nsw

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
so do you reckon I should maybe find an engineer and have a talk with them before I do it if so anyone know a good engineer that I could ask about this in NSW

Baphomet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 202 sedan
ditch the sle extension and have it hidden behind the license plate would be the best bet.

why would you wanna move it anyway? shaving everything?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
thinking it through the vh number plate sits between the tail lights so why not just plan A and use a LH/LX number plate frame that's spring loaded

easy

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
the original filler neck has the overflow in it...

i still doubt an engineer will cert it. simply based on the lights proximity to the filler.

55 chev had the filler behind the tail light, sure we need to flash forward 55 yrs now to satisfy ADR's, safety etc but I'm sure it can be done if you are convicted to the idea.

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
55 chev had the filler behind the tail light, sure we need to flash forward 55 yrs now to satisfy ADR's, safety etc but I'm sure it can be done if you are convicted to the idea.

same with early cadilllacs so surely it can't be to much of a problem never realised how many early cars had this from standard when I did some more research so I think I may just do it and be different

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well i cant recall anything to say you CANT put it behind the tail light. im just brainstorming idea's that an engineer may kick-off about. im sure if the tail lights are sealed and secure in the closed position (rare earth magnets would do the trick) and the filler neck is sealed and secure you should be fine.

id say it would be a LOAD safer than a 55' considering they used to vent from the fuel cap, and VH has evaporative loss to take care of vapours. im just picturing vapours flowing out the cap on a hot day and a spall spark from a shitty earthed globe.... be like having a flame thrower fitted to your exhaust :D

be keen on seeing pics as you go.

fyi, my impala has the filler behind the number plate too. vented cap and all.

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
well just found an email address for the head of the adrs and sent him an email just to see if they can confirm I can do it legally