Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leo's 99 VT Series II SS

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
Kept the car the way it should be except the wheels, the alloy mags in the previous pics are gone now as one of them had a crack in it. Got a set of Chromies off eBay.

5172559723_88624cdb6e.jpg

I accidently ripped a hole in my petrol tank last week and lost a $100 worth of fuel in no time.
Repaired the hole now it seems my fuel pump has had a dummy spit.

It's going to be off the road this week until I get the fuel pump, other than that the car has been good.

It's now travelled 196000km, I gave it a bit of an inspection to make a to do list.

Needs drivers door handle replacing. Could do with a new set of rotors on the front, service gearbox, give engine oil change while it's off road that's about it. :)

I have noticed recently after the rain the inside of the boot lid is filling up with water, so I might have to look at clearing the drain holes and check for rust and find out where the water is getting in.

Last edited:

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
still got it.. tinted the windows ... post pics soon

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
215000kms still going well

Last edited:

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
2 years later LOL here's an updated photo showing the new (2 years ago) tinted windows :)

14361126585_18a2801254_z.jpg

I have replaced the disc's, added VT SS wheels and repaired the rear spoiler which had come loose and was causing the water to enter the boot when raining.

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
I still have it and I purchased a 2nd VT SS without it's motor and gearbox. I got it for parts to freshen up this one. I have added a few parts already, replaced bumper bars, added towbar, replacing side skirts, mirrors and door handles and all the trim inside. I got this donor car for $400 can't believe how much it was and how good it is. It is like it has been garaged. The guy I bought it off only wanted to motor and box for a conversion.

The body kit will now be all white. The old ones were grey down the bottom of the skirts.

I should be able to post some new pictures in about a week. There will be next to no stone chips on it after replacing the parts I am replacing.
The colour match is spot on.
here is the link to the donor car I got https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/media/albums/vt-ss-2000-5-7l-series-ii-donor-car.17/

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
224427kms on it. I haven't been driving it much to keep the kms low :)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Get an otr, extractors, hi flow cats and twin 2.5 inch or 3 inch exhaust and dyno tune! It will wake the beast right up

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
227,899 kms on the odometer now.

As a major service I've replaced a few things since last post.

Replaced the strut towers complete with new yellow springs. Replaced the crossmember bolts out with the old and in with the new. Replaced the radius bar front bushes with nolethane ones. Replaced the swaybar link rod rubbers with nolethane ones and heavy duty link. Replaced Oil pressure sensor. Replaced steering rack and new tie rod ends.

Inspected my disc rotors they are still like new i am buying new brake pads soon they are getting a bit noisy when braking.

I have had this car for a while now and today it drives better than it ever has. The steering is not loose and there's no clunks or rattles in the front end at all now but everything I replaced needed to go on.

I will reply to the previous post now about turning into more of a beast. Not really keen on making this one a beast I do want to buy new carpet and new roof lining.
Get an otr, extractors, hi flow cats and twin 2.5 inch or 3 inch exhaust and dyno tune! It will wake the beast right up

I scored a second VT SS as mentioned in my previous post last year when I upgraded my bodykit. That car will be my beast. I have since aquired another VT SS the body is rough but the motor has had a bit of work done I think it's just got a cam upgrade and it has a sports exhaust. I pick up this new donor car next week.

So I am leaving this car as a standard SS without going beserk on it but my second white VT SS is going into beast mode. I am trying to jump over the moon I will be so happy to be able to drive up the street in one white VT SS that is ultra quiet and be able to drive up the same street in it's beasty twin.

When i pick the new 5.7L donor car up it should be in my second white VT SS in a few months. I will be buying new sensors new hoses, new oil pressure sensor, new water pump and new plugs etc and see if I can get the twin in good running order before I put the motor into the beast.

I can't wait :)

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
theres a new thread for my 2000 model This thread is only for my 1999 model. I don't want them combined into one thread. This car is my pride and joy the other is my project.

Last edited: