Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Liquid Injection on SS V8

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
That is a really good price I rang interstate and local and they were all about the same maybe 1 or 2 hundred difference that is a saving of around 700 dollars good on you, Thats right HSV call their system LPI Liquid Propane injection.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I got quoted $5500 with the donut tank for mine in Geelong.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
pjdm1980

Are you going to go ahead with it, It is alot of money, and it takes serious thinking on whether to or not, I had a lot of sleepless nights waying up the pros and cons, I think that the donut tank has about 50 -55 usable lts of LPG , the one behind the seat has about 70-75 usable.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Honestly, unless you're doing the kays i don't think it is worth the money. I'm lucky to go near a service station once a fortnight so i wouldn't bother personally but if you're doing up to 1000 kays a week then it's the way to go.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Yes I'm going to do it, i travel from Geelong to Melbourne 5 days a week for work and cover about 50.000Klm's a year so not to hard a decision for me. But you can also make your money back if you don't plan on getting rid of it for few years.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I am really happy with the LPG , I worked it out that I have to do 43000 kms and then the system would of paid for it self and then on I will be in front, and I do not have any intension to change my car in the near future, maybe if they import the Chevy Camaro , the two door one like transformer I think it was called Bumblebee. But then again I am in a good situation to get new cars pretty cheap. I use to us 91ulp prior to the LPG . and because the gas has an octane of 100-110 you really notice the difference. In SA the rebate is reduced down to $1500 from the 1st of July 10

obnoxious_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
I had my 5.7L Caprice put on liquid injection LPG about two weeks ago, HOLY $#iT! Goes better on gas, smoother, noticeably more torque and power, much cheaper to run. Was $5,500 to have fitted and got back $1750. Taking a run to Melbourne soon, it will be interesting how it goes on the highway. Highly recommended so far.

exquisit

Reaction score
what are good brands when it comes to liquid injection?
and which ones switch back to petrol on heavy loads?
thanks

poweredbycng

Reaction score
There are three liquid injection systems available on the market now.

First and the most established is the ICOM JTG system distributed by Australian LPG Warehouse. This is probably the best system out of the three, as it can be fitted to almost any engine and has no ECU of its own. The JTG system has a simple ICU (Injector Controller Unit) that intercepts the petrol injection signal from the engine's original ECU and forwards it to the appropriate set of injectors. The ICU also controls the fuel pump and regulator. The LPG injectors have mechanical calibrators that are installed when the engine is converted which allows them to accept a petrol injection signal to deliver the right fuel quantity into the engine.

Second is the Orbital LLI system that is used by HSV in their E Series 3. This system is actually a rebranded Vialle LPI system from Holland with some outsourced components. There are several complications with this system, mainly due to tight controls put in place by Vialle and Orbital. The system has its own ECU and fuel map that is calibrated in house with proprietary software and is password-protected meaning that installers can't fiddle with it. This means that if you wish to modify your engine in the future, you will need to consult Orbital for a remap of the system and there is no guarantee that they will do it for you. Orbital also has a company policy that their systems will switch back to petrol either when their injectors run out of flow or when the engine starts making more power than petrol with LPG. The Orbital system is significantly less pricey than the JTG system so if you plan on keeping your car as stock as possible, this may be the system for you.

And thirdly, there's the AFI (Alternative Fuel Innovations) LiquaJet system. This system has just been released into the market and there is not much information out there about it. More details to come but this system has the most advanced fuel selection switch / gauge of any LPG system on the market. It uses a small touch screen display which can display all sorts of information about the system.