Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

little door under radio not closing

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
$60 for all of the front centre one - Vt vx commodore centre console drop down compartment | eBay

$30 for the middle one - VT VX COMMODORE CALAIS STATESMAN SS REAR COMPARTMENT CONSOLE PART | eBay

So pretty much $100 bucks for some compartments that are going to probably break again :(

I'm surprised there are no after market replacements that ditch the door entirely.
The rear one is reasonable considering that you get the vents as well. The front one is way overpriced, keep looking, you will find them at a better price.

gradz

Land Yacht Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange (Daily)
I've just replaced my "sunglass compartment" with an ebay cup holder (two drawers, top is for loose change, bottom is the slide out cup holder and it's only single din, so fits with minimal modification).

My drop down door was missing the LH pin when I bought the car, but a small flat-head nail pushed through from the outside fixed that problem perfectly. If you want it, it is available for a special price just for you - the cost of postage and handling. I'm on the Sunshine Coast if you want to pick it up, which will make it even cheaper still (i.e. nothing). PM me if you're interested.

VQchick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
can u post the link up from ebay for the clip?
i went to Holden (heartland) spare parts yesterday looking for the clip. I kid you not when the very friendly guy said yeah they are about $30. i just said can get em on ebay for about 10 so no deal!!

then i remembered i was dealing with heartland holden...... never deal with them again... but thats another story .

Jumped on ebay.. $12 delivered!!!

Sweet

I struggled to get the door off until i realised you push to the right and pull towards you .. the clips just undo at that point

gradz

Land Yacht Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange (Daily)
VQ Chick,

This mob is brilliant. I got my aircon light bulbs from them (overnight delivery) whereas JCar could not help me. They are really helpful on the phone and they know their stuff!

This is copied from an earlier thread:
Gday Guys. You can buy the latch from Wagner Electronic Services ( WES Components) .
Cost is aroud one Dollar as opposed to the ripoff Holden Price. Their address is 138 Liverpool Rd Ashfield Sydney Ph 02 97978666. The WES Part number is DL1902 on page 3-8 of their catalogue. Its a common latch used on TVs & Videos, Computer equipment.
http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/03_Television.pdf
Cheers.

Or you can have my perfectly good whole thing (with a nail instead of a pin) for the cost of postage. See my posts above and below.

Cheers

Last edited:

gradz

Land Yacht Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange (Daily)
little door under radio

Here's Some Pix of my "sunglass holder".

I'm giving it away, so don't mob me with requests!!

Sorry people - ingram has claimed it so she's gone to a new home

Attachments

• SunglassHolder1.jpg
    SunglassHolder1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 278
  • SunglassHolder2.jpg
    SunglassHolder2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 357
  • SunglassHolder3.jpg
    SunglassHolder3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Ours is also stuffed so I removed the entire unit and made a more usefull area for the TomTom.