Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

little door under radio not closing

br14nh

Back in the saddle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 wagon 5sp Manual
hey guys, does anyone no if you can put one of those doors on the centre console (in between front seats) cause i really want one there but i dont have one and i have looked and it looks like it should just slip straight in. any one know??

Sure can - I fitted one in my wagon 2 weeks ago, but you need to get a pin for the LHS of the door as well (I made one up) You can get the compartment complete from a wrecker for around $10-15

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
:yeah:
i found its much easier with the tool but i guess if you can get a screw driver through the little slot it could be worth a try, and as its the old crappy one i wouldnt worry about snapping it either

Actually you don't need either the tool or a screwdriver. I used my thumb nail to remove the clip!

I am going to buy a couple of the clips from Wagner, just in case the first one breaks again.

By the way, the rear of my waggon has just a small pocket below the vents, but the cover from the front fits this pocket too. I will try to get another cover to fit over this pocket for a classier look!

Cheers.

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
:yeah:

I am going to buy a couple of the clips from Wagner, just in case the first one breaks again.

Cheers.

Well, the new clip lasted all of two weeks! And that too without any kids playing with the door.

I will try the second clip and see if it lasts any longer. After that, bugger it. The door can stay open!
:bang:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Today i became a member of the Little broken door club . When i pulled it apart to fix it i found out the clip was ok but the bit in the door that clips into thre clip was broken. I just undone the right hand pin , turned the spring 180 degrees then replaced it . So now you just pull the door down to open and when you let it go it flips shut .

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I finally fixed my doors the other week, my daughter busted the back console door, $18 dollars later i was able to pull the unit out as instructed on here......i told my missus the front is the same but i tried it like months ago and couldnt get it, and she tried first time got it out.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I finally fixed my doors the other week, my daughter busted the back console door, $18 dollars later i was able to pull the unit out as instructed on here......i told my missus the front is the same but i tried it like months ago and couldnt get it, and she tried first time got it out.

Looks like Holden are making a killing on those ridiculously expensive clips.
There is an electronics supply place in Ashfield (Sydney) which sells them for about $4. I can't remember the name of the place but it is West something.

ingram

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX2 Exec
Hope it's ok to bump an old thread but my car is completely missing the door and one of the clips is broken. How much is it going to cost to get a new door and a new clip?

Btw when I say clip, I mean where the door hinges at the bottom right.

Edit: is there also one of these on the centre back? If so I'm missing that too haha!

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I doubt that Holden will have just the door part and you will probably need to buy the whole compartment. Your cheapest option would be the wreckers, you will most likely get the 2 compartments for the price of one latch (clip) from Holden, and yes there is one at the back as well.

wylie27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim L67
i went to Holden (heartland) spare parts yesterday looking for the clip. I kid you not when the very friendly guy said yeah they are about $30. i just said can get em on ebay for about 10 so no deal!!

then i remembered i was dealing with heartland holden...... never deal with them again... but thats another story .

Jumped on ebay.. $12 delivered!!!

Sweet

I struggled to get the door off until i realised you push to the right and pull towards you .. the clips just undo at that point

ingram

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX2 Exec