Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Location of OBD2 connector.

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
great looking car, what are your plans for the rear end?, g8 lip?, badge less?, the white just looks tough from the back with dark tint,badge less and a great set of exhaust tips :)

I really have no plans other than getting front and rear LED lights. I prefer the cleaner look it has ATM. To me it looks more european. Horses for courses, I guess.

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
If there is a bluetooth handsfree limitation, it will be due to the phone itself...
(Hard to tell if you can both sniff data, and make, receive calls via bluetooth on the device, it will be one of those things that you will need to try to be certain).

It seems like Andriod is the way to go for this sort of thing, My iPhone4 wont connect to my modified ELM327 bluetooth device,
but everything else that I have (Linux laptop, Windows CE device, Windows 7, etc) all connect up fine.

Thanks for that. Once I get the device I will of course update everyone on my findings in due course. I am awaiting delivery from Hong Kong.

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
If I see one more post on this forum bitching about chev badges I will instantly ban the idiots who keep bringing it up. If you do not like chev badges, keep it to yourself. Sick to ####ing death of so many threads with people sooking about others having them.

Who cares.

Appreciate the sentiment. I understand that some people would find it offensive, including my younger son who saw my sweet new ride today for the first time at the airport and said: "Hey, why does it have Chevy badges?"

I did not take offense to the forum remark or what my younger son said so nyah! :p

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
Thanks for that Zerone_V, it's appreciated.

I have poichased the cheap and nasty ELM 327:
Elm327 WIFI OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Reader Scanner with Wireless for IPhone

to interface to my POS (piece of sh!t) Android phone using torque Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle

I am hoping that it will work for me so I can see some real data and hopefully capture and analyse it afterwards.

What I am not sure about, and I am hoping someone can answer this for me, is whether I can still receive phone calls whilst utilising the interface. In other words, does the car and phone bluetooth interface interact using hardware interrupts or is it only one at a time.

Any information is gratefully accepted and if I get the right answers physical favours are not out of the question.

:p

OK guys, here's the skinny on phone calls and displaying Torque data:
Whilst displaying data I was able to answer an incoming call without dropping either connection. My phone is a Nexus S in case anyone is wondering.

Keep on truckin'!!! (showing my age here lols) :)

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
Hi there T0mn8r,

You might like to have a quick squiz at the following post....
www.carmodder.com • GM Lan Single Wire CAN Bus Sniffing

The first post has a picture of the OBDII Connector, and the rest of the thread is what a couple of us have been doing in terms of playing around with the 29Bit GM Lan.
(Seeing as you are a fellow programmer, I thought you might be interested in the data packets, and what we have been able to do in terms of parrot-ing commands to display stuff like park assist distances, write text to the Cluster LCD, remotely lock, unlock doors, and set radio status information...

Cheers

I have a pretty shweet setup with a Samsung 7.7 tablet running Torque Pro. Lots of info there to drool over. Just one thing: I can't seem to find the oil pressure anywhere. WTF? I have the voltages etc. so I thought I would also get the oil pressure.

I have already added the Vauxhall/Opel stuff but can't see the pressure anywhere. Any advice?