Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a device to allow me to play CDs through my VF2 Calais

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You have no options. This is why you keep getting the same answers.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
My understanding is the series 2 head unit has all the same functions as the series 1 but some have been turned off , so I would say that it is possible to put the series 1 cd player in series 2 , but I really don't know . 2 people with a clue would be @stooge or @TazzI , this would be the most ideal solution

I cant see any reason why you couldnt put the base unit with the dvd/cd player into the s2 from a s1, you could keep the original s2 screen too.
all the programming for it is in the base unit and all you would need to do is have your vin flashed to the eeprom and it should work fine.

Just like to clarify that I did put a request into Holden technical area and they sent me an email response that a series one Mylink is not compatible with series 2 vf

holden is clueless when it comes to this because all they can do is put your vin into a computer and follow what it tells them.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Just like to clarify that I did put a request into Holden technical area and they sent me an email response that a series one Mylink is not compatible with series 2 vf. Mylink will not connect in any way other than bluetooth. Car stereo places have told me there is no aftermarket solution for me. What I really would like is for someone who actually owns a vf2 that has found a way to play cds in there car. The only thing I can think of is a bluetooth portable cd player that can be paired to the mylink by allowing a code to be entered. Any actually done this?

Holdens tools are limited, and they cannot do the same things that I am able to. I use my own custom tools and software to reprogram almost any GM modules (not just Holdens), this includes our mylink radios.

So first and foremost, you CAN fit a series1 unit to your car happily. This will allow you to play CDs in your series2. This will also unlock the factory AUX source option (Although would need to wire in an Aux connector), and even DVD player depending on what unit you get.

To get the radio working, it will need to be security linked to your car. Before its asked, Holden is unable to do this.
What I provide is a flashbox which allows you to perform the security linking in your car. :)

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2017 VF2 Calais which doesn't have a CD player. I know that I can play mp3s via usb into my car (which I have set up) as well as spotify, but I have a collection of over 4000 CDs that I like to play in the car. MyLink will only allow you to connect to it via Bluetooth so I purchased a bluetooth enabled portable CD player but I can't pair it because you MyLink gives you a code to enter into the device. The device doesn't have the capacity to enter a code.

Has anyone that has a VF2 found a way to connect a CD player to it and if so what device/s did you buy to make this work?

I'm specifically asking VF2 owners who have solved this problem because I have seen a number of comments in threads with useless responses like "are you sure you just can't find the CD slot" or "why don't you convert your CDs to mp3". None of these statements will solve what I want to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Herman
Hi Guys. I have found a solution. My brother helped me out. I purchased a $27 car fm transmitter on ebay and have plugged a portable cd player into it and connected via wireless fm radio. Works great.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
thanks for letting us know

Beekeeper285

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline ute
It was definitely worth persisting with this. If you consider the bits /second of a USB [300+] compared to a cd [1000+] it is pretty clear that you get better clarity from a cd than a USB.

Now can someone help me how to get a good turntable in a car....

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It was definitely worth persisting with this. If you consider the bits /second of a USB [300+] compared to a cd [1000+] it is pretty clear that you get better clarity from a cd than a USB.

Ever heard of WMA lossless?(compatible with Mylink).