Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loom

Havinago

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 ute
G’day gents!

I’ve recently purchased a wrecked V8 statesman (97) and am wanting to do a motor transplant into my V6 ute (98)
Was wondering if I’ll be able to use the loom and ecu out of the statesman as the ute is obviously a lot more basic (no power windows, rear windows etc)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
G’day gents!

I’ve recently purchased a wrecked V8 statesman (97) and am wanting to do a motor transplant into my V6 ute (98)
Was wondering if I’ll be able to use the loom and ecu out of the statesman as the ute is obviously a lot more basic (no power windows, rear windows etc)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
keep engine loom & ECU with the motor, transfer into the ute. The engine loom doesn't care what luxury level it came from, it only cares about the engine it supports.

the ute has a body loom & BCM that controls the windows etc. You don't need to mess with this.

Havinago

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 ute
keep engine loom & ECU with the motor, transfer into the ute. The engine loom doesn't care what luxury level it came from, it only cares about the engine it supports.

the ute has a body loom & BCM that controls the windows etc. You don't need to mess with this.
Thank you!