Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low engine idle after fitting extractors ??

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Oh and Mick if you haven't got anything positive to add DON"T POST EITHER. I can read perfectly well, I know exactly what the sticker says. Now can you read my original post ? This issue arose after fitting extractors, the idle speed has dropped significantly immediately afterwards. Was fine before.....now TOO LOW.

I suggest "Ctrl + Z".

94VRtuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR EXECUTIVE
Hi try resetting ecu by pulling of neg battery terminal for half an hour, as mentioned before, if this does not help then try an error code check. The base idle can be reset but you will need a gregorys for this, cheers Bob.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
adjust the idol screw on the throttle body

Not sure whether to take that as Sarcasm or not, but if you were being serious, then your an idiot! If it was, then my apologies.

To the OP Make sure you check your 02 sensors and make sure they aren't buggered, also make sure no naked wires are showing on them. No one here can give you a direct answer, if we can't help take it to a mechanic!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The idle is set by the ECU, it control the IAC and other parts to make the idle speed, the only real way to change this is to get the car retuned.

I would try disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour as mentioned, bearing in mind to give your car a couple of days to 'relearn' itself. If that does not fix anything then have a look for any leaks around the EGR pipe, O2 sensors or the exhaust manifold gasket.

sedgewik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s1 dunnydoor
i bet its worse when cold

mines an auto in d at lights idols at about 500 smooovvee assss

check if you can see the spring on the iac either way get a new 1 $70 coil and dfi $212

sedgewik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s1 dunnydoor
youve gotta wonder why your car is the only one that needs the idol raised?
tighten the accelorator cable

sedgewik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s1 dunnydoor
otherwise get some bags fitted and pump it up at the lights

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
heres an idea. if ur not going to listen to people then just take ur extractors off and put the old ones back on seeing as how it was all good before..