Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low engine idle after fitting extractors ??

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Now firstly don't get bent out of shape, a lot of people have taken their time to try and help you,
accentstencil is correct in the figures he posted so you must have had a fault before which you have now corrected
As low vs said adjust the idle screw on the throttle body. the correct procedure is with engine warm but not hot, switch engine off, remove plug to IAC and adjust to 450rpm to 550 rpm then switch off and reconnect IAC plug, (for your particular problem you may need to set higher) but the ECU controls the idle speed and may not like it.
To fit extractors you have probably moved the O2 sensors which should not affect idle speed. You mention a lot of other work, did you do this at same time as extractors or to try and "fix" your idle problem
With extractors and moving the O2 sensors the ECU will need to learn the new fuel trims which may take a few small trips

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
The issue has now been fixed. Oh and it was nothing mentioned here. To those who have contributed intelligent & constructive suggestions, Thank you. To the other smart arsed ########s OMG what a bunch of bloody losers.

w8stedYouth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commadore v6
I am also interested on how this problem was fixed but after seeing what peoples replys were I wasn't going to bother. I have had new extractors installed and bought o2 sensors and iac. i think mine revs closer to 400rpm.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
I am also interested on how this problem was fixed but after seeing what peoples replys were I wasn't going to bother. I have had new extractors installed and bought o2 sensors and iac. i think mine revs closer to 400rpm.

in drive or neutral?

sedgewik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s1 dunnydoor
The issue has now been fixed. Oh and it was nothing mentioned here. To those who have contributed intelligent & constructive suggestions, Thank you. To the other smart arsed ########s OMG what a bunch of bloody losers.

what are you talking about?fixed mine with the exact same prob

The engine idled at about 900rpm before, but now more like 600rpm & car now vibrates at the lights etc.

sounds like its still ####ed up^^^!!!

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Um check the harmonic balancer. Could be rooted causing the vibration. Because it IS supposed it idle << OMG how hard is it to spell Idle>> at about 750rpm in park. If the cam is standard.

aq12sw23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 LPG Series 2
how did u fixed it man, pls let others know :)